JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Nurturing food

Today at work, one of my coworkers announced that bagels were in the break room. I had just read the nurturing power of food, but was skeptical about eating something "yummy." I went to the break room for more coffee (so my mind told me, my stomach knew better...) and had one bite of a bagel with a little strawberry flavored creme cheese. I did feel nurtured; not only that, I felt part of the human race again, not an uncontrolled fatty that is constantly on a diet. I hope I can use control and remember food is just food, and I can enjoy a bite of something yummy....and count it towards my overall carbs, or whatever, for that day.

Gwen Replied:

I think you did very well! Good for you.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I knew when I joined here last year that if I denied myself of the things I loved I would totally blow it one day and overeat and pig out and then maybe just give up. So I incorporated my favorites in my meals, I ate pizza, I drank beer, etc, but all in moderation...smaller portions, plus just added more veggies, fruit and water to keep me full. I lost 50 pounds by just keeping count, but not denying myself the things I really wanted. My only tip is if you KNOW you cannot control yourself with a certain food then I think I might stay away from that for awhile.

Cindy H. Replied:

Have you seen that commercial where they send out the e-mail that there is pizza in the conference room and there is a mass exodus of workers for the conference room. When they get there it's a dried up piece of pizza left and they all walk away dejected. It cracks me up. We call our food area "the trough" which tells you a little about the newsroom!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.