JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

New book?

Cindy H.

Well, hard to believe but we've finished the 90 day book .... took us a few days more but finished! I thought there were some really good sections in that book ....

I especially like Day 7 -- If food calls your name, you don't have to answer (novel thought) and Day 2: Simple is not the same as easy. The focus on how important planning is was good, and especially Debbie's reminder that you just need to do this one day at a time .... and then the days will add up and before you know it voila! you've changed a habit, changed your life. And especially I really liked the part where she talked about False action. Thinking about losing weight isn't the same as DOING it. Thinking about taking a walk isn't taking a walk. Thinking about eating healthy foods, isn't eating healthy foods. (days 28 and 33) Weight loss is the result of healthy eating and regular exercise. Period. So quit trying to find a shortcut and get moving!

so I wonder if folks will want to do another book. I like doing them because it helps me have a task to keep me accountable. I have the book "Intiuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch that I think would be a really good one to do. It has 10 principles to follow and we could do a chapter a week (rather than daily)

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I'm looking forward to getting into the book finally. I'll go back through your discussions for some insight and review.

Shari (CE) Replied:

I like the idea of weekly reviews and we can always comment now and then between reviews when stumble or find new insights. I will order the book tomorrow =]
I also find that the book readings keep me accountable =]

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I'm quite keen to work through the 4 day win, by Martha Beck. It is all about giving yourself 4 days to tackle bad habits, but it might not be suitable because it deals with a lot of psychological stuff rather than the practical eating stuff. I've been meaning to do it as part of my blog, but I always get a couple of days in and lose track. Either way I am interested in participating in the next book. They do tend to keep me on track as well!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.