JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

A Day in the LIfe of a Vegetarian

Since I am new to this I wanted to see if you would share what a day's food choices might look like. Thanks!!!

Lisa as Intended (CE) Replied:

I start my day off with what is called the drink of Life:

Cranberry Juice (pure unsweetened) added to water
stevia
Psyllium Husks
(drink fast with a straw!)

Breakfast is either (depending on time):

A SuperGreenFood smoothie, made with Super mix and soymilk and stevia premixed and poured into ice cube tray and frozen, then blended in a vitamixer with a little more soymilk.

OR

Egg and Fresh Dill Sprouted Grain Bread sandwich made with:

range fed chicken egg "poached" in vegetable broth, and lots of fresh dill clipped on it (I put like a layer of it! or spinach leaves are also good), between two Genesis Sprouted Seed and Grain bread slices, with a teaspoon of vegenaise.

Lunch is either a Baby Spring Mix salad with tofu cubes, flaxseed oil and vinegar dressing, and flax seeds. Sometimes I sprinkle Himilayan pink salt shavings on it.

OR

Sprouted Grain tortilla with refried beans, tempeh, guacamole, cilantro, lettuce, and salsa.

Dinner is either:

Oriental Crunch Salad made with teriyaki tofu, shredded cabbage and carrots, cilantro, green onions, toasted almonds and sesame seeds, with a dressing made with rice vinegar, flaxseed oil, sesame seed oil, shoyu sauce, and stevia! This is my favorite!

OR

a Shrimpless Shrimp Salad made with diced celery, cilantro, ketchup, horseradish, and tempeh (I heat the tempeh with a little garlic and ketchup to turn it "pink".

Hope this gives you some ideas! Sticking to this has helped me lose 21lbs in a month and 1/2.

Lisa as Intended (CE) Replied:

no need to delete, Barb, just repost as well! Sounds like we could get a book club going on the "The Kind Diet" since it is one of the latest to come out. I'll post a thread to see who all would be interested and then give a week or two for everyone to get the book. Would you be interested in heading this up? All it would involve is making a daily post for everyone to respond to. We could go a chapter per week, recipe per week or something along that lines. I'm already basically EATING vegan (accept for an egg here and there), recycle, own cloth grocery bags, etc. For one to state BEING a vegan is a whole different story and a huge commitment to represent that lifestyle. I feel the more information we have the better we can find our place as to what degree we choose to participate in it, without the judgementalism that adds a negative energy to something that is essentially peacefully and lovingly initiated. No throwing red paint of fur coats, people! It doesn't further the cause! lol! Such acts on people can be just as cruel as the treatment of animals, by not respecting their rights, and does not justify a means to an end. The tide is turning...more people are becoming aware...be a bright light, a beacon to others by honoring with integrity your choices by being kind to the world as a whole...your Light will become brighter, vibrate faster, and refine...others will be drawn to that, wondering what you are doing...teach them, do not preach to them. Those who are meant to get it 'now' will, it may not be time yet or in this lifetime for the others, so wish them well on their way...that will do more for you and them, to live kind with mankind. Namaste...Lisa

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.