<< Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

ECD - Recipe Paradise island Bean Burgers P343

Diane

Servings 4
1 C Black beans, rinsed, drained, and mashed
1 C cooked brown rice
1 Garlic clove passed through garlic press
2 Tbsp leeks (whites only) finely chopped... I didn't have any and left those out
2 Tbsp Cooked and mashed sweet potato or pumpkin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt ( I left this out...trying to watch my salt)

Mix well. Divide into 4 patties and cook five minutes per side in skillet heated with olive oil
Serve with Ezekiel buns toasted.

I had mine without buns and it was great. Very tasty... The spices were a great blend. I am used to the real deal on my burgers, but I would definitely make this again!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Sounds delicious- I will definitely try- I have all the ingredients except the pumkin/sweet potato. Thanks for sharing!!

Diane Replied:

I didn't have any either, so I made it without it but I think they helps it stay together... it was still good without it but I think it would be better to help hold it firm.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

This sounds lovely! I will have to source out the ingredients and try it soon. Black beans are hard to find here - would kidney beans work, do you think?

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

This sounds really good...I'm going to have to try this one! I too need some sweet potatoes!

Diane Replied:

I think any beans would work really...

Lisa as Intended (CE) Replied:

This sounds fantastic! I've purchased the frozen blackbean burgers and really liked them, so I'm looking forward to making my own!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.