JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

ECD Recipe 9/4 - Egg Frittata

This morning I made the Egg Frittata that Tosca mentions in the breakfast section of the book (page 72). It was really good! I now have leftovers....and my daughter ate some too! Couldn't get my son or hubby to try it though.

Here is my adapted recipe:
Preheat oven to 350
In a bowl mix 8 egg whites and 2 whole eggs
Meanwhile, use an ovenproof skillet and heat with 1 tbsp oil
I sauteed:
1 Shallot
Handful of the following: sliced Cremini mushrooms, zucchini, sliced grape tomatoes, baby spinach
When veges are soft, add the egg mixture and season with sea salt and pepper.
Cook until almost set and then put the skillet in the oven for 10-15 minutes until completely set. Mine took about 12 minutes but I probably could have taken it out a bit earlier.

Very yummy....I forgot to take a photo but I'm pretty sure I will make this again sometime soon. I will update the post when I do with a photo.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I have all the ingredients- will make tonight for supper!! THANKS- it sounds wonderful!!

kc Replied:

What do you think of using egg white powder? I hate giving the dogs all those yolks or throwing them out.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I'm not sure KC...I have never tried egg white powder to be honest. I use the egg whites in the carton for the straight egg whites though if that helps.

Lisa as Intended (CE) Replied:

@Jen: I will definitely be making this...thank you for posting it!

@kc: as natural to source as possible is best with any food, as in the processing to dehydrate the eggs they are heated and lose value. It's difficult to 'throw food away', I agree; it is a choice you may make if you deem the fresh eggs more beneficial

@Jen: Similiar suggestion as above, though the cartoned eggs are cleaner as they are less processed, however, in many of such the product goes through some form of "pasteurization". I read a report that once the shell or peel of any food is broken, it immediately starts to oxidize and lose vitamin value.

Sounds like a little more research is needed in this area, however, I think you all are doing great with the choices you are making over your previous diets just by choosing to eat egg whites in the first place, and it's very telling of how dedicated you are to this lifestyle by asking the questions you are. Remember, as Tosca says, some are Jump off the cliff types, and some are change one or two things type, AND both are very beneficial to your health!! I will respond to questions and make suggestions here leaning more towards the cleanest I am aware of at the time, however, I always encourage you to do your own research and find your comfort level and balance within it.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Jen, It was delicious!! Thanks!! My family loved it- I gave my furbabies a small taste too!!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.