JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

P90X

Eileen (Tour Guide)

Is anyone else out there doing the P90X video series? I just did Yoga X today and it was a butt kicker but I feel great. I'm not doing the diet (too restrictive) but I like the videos.

Lisa as Intended (CE) Replied:

mine has got a herd of dust bunnies on it...Tony Horton is not my biggest fan, i'm sure, lol! One of those purchases i bought in the "interested" not committed stage. i'm now committed to another program, at goal weight, and happy...maybe someday i'll dust the box off and give it a try.

Glad you like it...that's motivation for me to consider breaking out the feather duster!

FYI...i think Cindy (newpaper) was or is doing this, hopefully she'll pop in on this post!

Cindy H. Replied:

I did P90X from January-March -- the yoga dvd is the toughest of the bunch I think! I really liked the program, although I did modify as I went.

Now I'm doing the original P90 (Power 90) and I LOVE it. It only has 2 videos so you just alternate but they are about 30 minutes long so I'm finding it much easier to fit into my life (and still have a life). And when I finish one I usually do about another 20 minutes of yoga just because I like it!

When I did P90X it was pretty much that, make lunch and go to work! Good for you!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I just joined this site - am doing p90x, having to keep restarting week 6 due to derailment (sick kiddos, no sleep...). Have reset the calendar from here forward and love the challenge of all the different workouts. I also do Curves 2 days a week and zumba once. It has been frustrating because the scale refuses to move, though the diet has been a challenge. Hopefully you are close to finishing your 90 days and it has gone well!

Cindy H. Replied:

Hi Kristina, welcome to SYD!!

Eileen (Tour Guide) Replied:

@Kristina ... I have not been doing it as it is set up to be done. I eat about 1600 calories a day and do kickboxing three days a week. My other two workout days are P90X.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I did P90 last spring for 3 months and loved it. I felt great while I was doing it. Since then I have been hiking, running and walk in preparation for a hike that I am going on in January. When I get back from hike I plan to do the P90X for 3 months.

Dara Replied:

My husband did the P90X but he didn't need to lose any weight he just wanted to tone up which worked great for him. I would love to try it but theres no way until i lose some poundage first. Ive tried other videos like taebo n found myself unable to do the majority of the video due to my legs being so hard to lift and kick that much due to the weight. Im about to try The Firm Express. Has anyone tried this?

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Have any of you tried Tony Hortons Ten Minute Trainer workout? I was thinking about buying it. It looks like it would be a good workout.

Cindy H. Replied:

I have not tried that one, Beth, but I have thought about it! I've done both P90 and P90X and I think he does a really good solid workout, so I can't imagine that it's a bad one. Read the reviews online ... I think the ones I read liked it but said it was really more like 15 minutes

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.