JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Oklahoma Wildfires

GiGi

Please pray for all of my family and friends who have lost homes and property in Mannford, OK on
Aug. 3rd and 4th. Our home and Joe's brother Marks home were barely saved by helicopter dropping water bombs on our place...the flames were right in front of our house. Sorry to say that our sister-in-law, Millie's house burned to the ground. All in all as of to date..141 structures, houses and buildings were lost.

Our town and about a 10 mile radius surrounding were evacuated. We got our call to leave yesterday around noon...it was unbleievable...I could hardly see through the smoke to get down the driveway.

We have no water or electric power nor do we know when it will be restored. We stayed with Joel and Stacy last night and again tonight. If it's going to be a long time, we will go to Pawnee and stay in Mother and Daddy's house there. We have already lost our home to a wild fire in 1990 and were so afraid that it was going to happen again.

Praising the work the firefighters did in 113 degree heat. We have several friends and our own Millie and David without a home today...everything up in smoke.

Bless you all and appreciate you joining us in hope for all of these people...Thanks with love, Gigi

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Dear, sweet Gigi- you and your family have my love and my prayers. God bless you, every one.

Pinkdream Replied:

Oh my Gigi! I am keeping you and your family in my prayers! Big hugs!

Karen Replied:

Praying for all of you in OK dealing with this. Hugs!!!!!!

Amber Replied:

First of all, prayers for you and your family. And how on earth do you endure all the weather disasters you have been through? You are in my prayers and I'm sending huge hugs to you!

Shari (CE) Replied:

Hugs and prayers

then Lyn Replied:

Oh my goodness, Gigi. Praying for you and your family and all who are dealing with such tragedy. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Very sorry to here that Gigi and will pray for all. Please stay safe.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

How awful. So, so sorry for you and your family. I am keeping your family and the other families in my prayers. Heartbreaking. I cannot imagine how scary this must have been. Prayers...

Jackie Replied:

How tragic. I will be praying.

kc Replied:

Hugs and nightly prayers.

Mags Replied:

prayers for you and your family.

Gwen Replied:

Praying much for you and yoru family - praise God you are not hurt, nor have you lost your home but how awful about your Millie and David without a home amongst many others! Hugs!

Shirley Replied:

Oh, Gigi, my heart goes out to all of you...be assured of my good thoughts and prayers...

Denise Replied:

I am sorry to hear about your house but so thankful that you are safe. It's crazy and heart-breaking no doubt. I loved everything about Oklahoma when I lived there. Of course, I will pray for you. Right now in fact.

Cindy H. Replied:

Oh my gosh Gigi, so sorry to hear this news. Many prayers to you and all who are experiencing this tragedy.

GiGi Replied:

It's unbelievable but our water was turned back on yesterday morning and power was restored last night. We had come by our place to do our chores and to refuel our gererator in the barn. As we were going out the front door, our living room lights came on...

We slept in our own home and bed last night.

Praise the Good Lord for our firefighters, rural water and Indian electric for working day and night to restore utilities and hope to our community and countryside. People are amazing donating money, pantry items of food, water, clothing and items of use donated by people from all over the country. We are truly blessed.

BTW Friday was Joe's first day back to work after being ill and he spent the weekend fighting fires all over this part of the county. He is my hero.

Many thanks for all of your prayers...we are truly grateful. gigi

Several pictures of the fires are posted in my today's blog-Aug 7th. So scary but over for now. However, the situiation is still ripe for it to happen again...Please pray for rain...

Shirley Replied:

Such welcome news, Gigi! Glad Joe is on the upswing and was able to help in the firefighting efforts. God bless him and all of you...prayers continue...

jenny Replied:

I only just read this, hope all is OK lovely Gigi thinking of you and yours xxx

GiGi Replied:

I posted pics of the wildfires on my blog this morning...You can see why they evacuated our town...

Cindy H. Replied:

Wow, just wow, Gigi.

Pinkdream Replied:

Amazing pictures!

Gwen Replied:

It must have been terrifying Gigi! What a joy to be back in yoru own home! Big hugs and ongoign prayers for rain!

Shirley Replied:

I can't even fathom being in the midst of such terror and devastation...I continue to hold you and your community in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen Replied:

Amazing pics. There were articles about Mannford on NBC...

Jan Replied:

How sad, thinking of you and those around the area.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Prayers are still out for everyone Gigi. I'm so happy you are safe.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

That must have been so scary for you and your family.
I'm happy to hear that you are back in your home. It's absolutely amazing that you have power and water so soon.
Wishing everyone the very best. God Bless.

GiGi Replied:

Everyone...thank you for your concern, encouragement and prayers...people in here are so kind. Appreciate you all sooooo much! gigi

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.