JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Chicken 'Stew"

Cindy H.

Haha, this is really a chicken soup recipe that I found in my new paleo cookbook -- but if I call it soup then my hubby doesn't think it's "dinner." But if I call it stew ....

This is an easy peasy recipe ... I can't believe I've never done this before!
I will definitely make it again:

I used:
3 large chicken breasts cut up into chunks
6 carrots, chopped
5 celery stalks, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 head of cauliflower cut up
chicken broth (I used the whole 32 oz. box) (I use Kitchen basics chicken stock -- gluten free)
3 garlic cloves diced (in press)
salt and pepper to taste
Herbs de provence spice (1 tsp.?)

This isn't exactly the recipe in the book, I improvised a little because she called for a specific brand of spice that I don't have.

I grease my crock pot with coconut oil. Put in the chicken, then veggies, then broth and spices.
Recipe says to cook on low for eight to 10 hours.

I set my crock pot on high for about an hour and then when I go to work I turn it to low and it's on for about 6 hours that way.

User Photo

Shirley Replied:

Thanks! This looks delicious!

Pinkdream Replied:

Yum!

Shari (CE) Replied:

Karen Replied:

Sounds good.

Judy Replied:

lol stew vs soup! sounds great, thanks.

Cindy H. Replied:

Darn it, all the leftovers were gone before I got some for work today! haha.

Cindy H. Replied:

I also added salt and pepper to my own dish when I ate it. Hubby thought it was a little bland ... but son doesn't like a lot of salt ... so I told hubby he could add his one for heaven's sake!

Rjaatt Replied:

I will add this to my list to try! I love Soups they are the best Weight Loss System on the market! They are fun you make and best of all you can eat all you want. That is how healthy they are.

Homemade chicken vegetable soup is comfort food. If it is made with lean chicken, fresh vegetables, and a moderate amount of rice, potatoes, or noodles, it can also be a nutritious, low-calorie food. A typical bowl of chicken vegetable soup with rice contains 162 calories and only 1.8 g of fat

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.