JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Does anyone else iron?

Gwen

I am curious - I stood and ironed a pile of handkerchiefs and an antique tablecloth last night and someone suggested she never ironed! Really! I LOVE ironing.

Does anyone else iron anything??

Pinkdream Replied:

Only when I have to get a dress shirt or uniforms ready for hubby or the boys otherwise not really! Just don't have anything that really needs it in my wardrobe.

Vicki Replied:

Only when I have to. It's not that I dislike it, I just have so many other things to do that it just doesn't happen.

then Lyn Replied:

Only when I have to. We have very few things that need ironing anyway.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Oh yeah...when hubby has to teach Sunday School to the adults and needs a dress shirt with tie and if we are going someplace where the wrinkles need to go....lol
When I was learning I used to iron my dads handkerchiefs and pillow cases, bring back memories.

Shari (CE) Replied:

I love ironing too

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Only on rare occasions.

Cindy H. Replied:

Only tablecloths and napkins when I'm having a dinner party!

deb Replied:

Like most of the others - I iron only when I have to. Most of my husbands dress shirts are permanent press and, as long as I get them out of the dryer right away - they look fine! But I have vivid memories of my mother ironing.....I can just hear the steam & hiss of the iron and hear the sounds of her little "sprinke" bottle that she had - anyone else remember "sprinkle bottles"?

Gwen Replied:

Now I understand, it seems like people use a dryer which means there is no need for ironing. I have a dryer as part of my washing machine but don't use it as a general rule.

Cindy H. Replied:

Yes Gwen, we are tied to our dryers! Haha, I run to my dryer and quickly hang everything up so I don't have to iron!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

This is my first post, and I thought how fitting. I started to iron when I went back to work in january because I wanted to look polished. It lasted a couple of weeks,now I'm back to the dryer with a few iron touch ups.

Gwen Replied:

Welcome Anonymous! Give yourself a name so we can recognise you when you contribute. I am Gwen from Edinburgh, Scotland!

Shirley Replied:

Yes, Gwen, I iron also despite having a dryer. My grandmother used to iron all the time. I love ironed pillowcases!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

What's that????

I'm just kidding. Only if I have to!

Kathy Replied:

I used to have to iron for he whole family (8 of us) from a very young age and hated it. When my eldest son was 13 I taught him to iron his own clothes, I hated doing the ironing and the ironing basket would be like a black cloud waiting to engulf me. When the 2 youngest reached 13 they too were taught to iron their own clothes and i continued to do mine and Mick'sbut when we moved to spain 3 years ago I gave up ironing for good. The spin dryer leaves clothes very wet (400rpm) and then a good blow through gets rid of most of the creases and anything that does need ironing gets ironed by Mick. I no longer have black clouds looming.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.