JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Cranberries

Sandy

I got a bag of cranberries...they look like craisins....on a trip I was on to Wisconsin cranberry growers. I'm not a big fan of cranberries & don't really know how to use them in things to make good use of them. I won't eat them like raisins and I don't like things like that it my salads. Any ideas besides muffins?

Pinkdream Replied:

My favorite muffin out is a cranberry orange muffin. I am sure you can add them in just as you would blue berries to a low fat muffin mix. I know my mom always soaked them to make a cranberry relish but I don't have a recipe for that. They are really packed with lots of good for you things.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Oh, I made a strawberry and pineapple cranberry relish with whole cranberries one year for thanksgiving. Yum, I think I picked up the recipe from recipe.com. But that was when food was eaten without thought of calories, etc. Hope you find a recipe you like.

Gwen Replied:

You can add them to turkey casserole or even chicken. They are good for you as long as they are not sweetened. Freeze them and use them over time.

Sue Ellen Replied:

I put them in my instant oatmeal or your regular oatmeal. They are healthy for the urinary track I have heard to keep any infections away. So enjoy Sandy.....

linda Replied:

I had oatmeal with raisins and dried cranberries this morning.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Can be put in sugar cookies for Christmas I saw in a magazine. (packaged already cooked ones.)

linda Replied:

scones

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.