JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

New Feture: Friends & Data Feed

StartYourDiet.com Development Team

Today we are launching a new feature, accessible by clicking the "Feed" icon in the upper-right of the screen.

The Feed is a centralized place to connect with other program members. Much like Twitter, you can "follow" other members, see their activity (new blog posts, message board posts & new user competitions) and post messages to your feed. The goal now is to get this going, let you build up your following list, get your feedback and work out any bugs. In the future, there are many things we can do with a centralized list that would be very difficult otherwise. We envision things like group chats, automatic competitions between friends, posting dieting achievements and more.

Note: if you contact card is not viewable, your posts won't be displayed on the feed.

Please comment with your thoughts and suggestions. If you don't see the feed icon, please hold down your "control" key (apple key on mac) and refresh the page. It should replace the weight chart icon we placed there a few months ago.

ThulzTheThriver! Replied:

This is really cool, will be test-driving it over the next coming days!

Lin Replied:

giving it a test run also

Sue Ellen Replied:

I do not have a "mac". What do I need to do then?

Sue Ellen Replied:

I just put in the one I wish to follow and her name is on a list BUT now what do I click on to follow her. I am not a "Twitter" user and so do not know what to do for this new program...thanks for simple instructions.

StartYourDiet.com Development Team Replied:

@Sue Ellen - If her name appears on your list, you don't have to do anything. Her activity will appear when it occurs.

Pinkdream Replied:

Giving it a run too! I do like we can click on the the blog or buddy chat icon in the following list! looking forward to see how it runs.

Tricia Replied:

Am following some members but have not seen their posts - what have I done incorrectly?

Currently, you'd only see friends activity if they made a new message board post (not replies), user competition or blog post (which they can choose not to post to the feed). Or if they type something into the feed.

We're intentionally starting it off slow and will be adding functionality to this feature soon.

ThulzTheThriver! Replied:

I like that there's the option of viewing the whole community as well when they've done something new. It gives me a quick overview without going to too many places when I wanna check in quickly.

I also like the active links.

Brenda Replied:

cool!

There is an update to this feature. It will now post to your feed whenever you log a weight loss for the current day. It will simply note that you had a weight loss, it won't post any specific information about your weight or how much you lost. If you wish to disable this feature, there is a new "Settings" link on the Feed page that allows you to do so.

Pinkdream Replied:

Cool feature!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.