JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

ODAT Saturday January 21, 2017

Jeanne- CE!

Precious Ones! What will give this one day that added zing of wellness?

I will follow CLJ plan, drink all of that water, check in with Dr. Tim, do physical therapy and metabolic conditioning, plan and prep, do things around the house, practice with my mobile music ministry group, welcome Gary back from San Antonio, allow time to just BE this evening.

Lyn Replied:

Is that all Jeanne? LOL You have a busy day! Today I am going to stay on plan, clean house, and possibly do a few things outside while it is warm and sunny (unless I go out to find that the yard is a swamp from all the rain we have had) but for now I am being held hostage by my beautiful puppy angel who has snuggled up on my lap and I can not bare to move her. And every time I pet her she sighs this deep, guttural sigh as if she is in the most relaxed state ever. Life is good!

kc Replied:

Puppies do help to make life good.

My plans for the day, couch cauliflower. Keto potato! I am exhausted. The week was over the top stressful. But on Friday we found out that the teacher who has acute something leukemia was sent home from UC Davis Cancer center because it is not as advanced as originally diagnosed. Her treatment will be out-patient. Prayers work. Then our principal heard of a woman that has just returned to the community after living in Hawaii for 30 years. She is a teacher and will start teaching our 5th/6th grade on Monday. Prayers work.

Rock your green SYDsters!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Lyn, you are right, you can't move when furfam is on your lap! kc, yes, prayers DO work! Couch cauliflower, lol!

And yes, I do have a lot scheduled, but it feels relaxed most of the time since I do get 8+ hours of rest every night, and everything that I schedule is something I either like or need to do. An object in motion for sure! My fantasy is to just sit around and do nothing, but when I actually do that, it gets old fast!

So far I have checked in with the doc, done my PT and metabolic conditioning, and stuff around the house. Now I'm off to practice, and I saved the more relaxing fun stuff for this evening, like puttering in the kitchen and planning menus, which I love to do.

Lin Replied:

Jeanne, I am wondering what in the world metabolic conditioning is. My metabolism is around 0 I think

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Hi Lin, LOL 0 metabolism! Mine is way down there, too. Metabolic conditioning targets fat burning in a very short time, and it can be many things. I have built up to my current regimen with guidance from my Maximized Living doc, which sounds easy but is very challenging.

Each exercise is done for a full minute at very high intensity with no break. I do punches, squats, pushups, dancing, static plank, and ab work; then a two minute break, followed by doing it all over again. Fifteen minutes and done!

Lin Replied:

Interesting - have you seen improvement?

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

@Lin, yes, I see huge results working out this way, as part of my week's workout regimen. It really tightens up my body and keeps my energy up throughout the day. I have sluggish thyroid, a very low heart rate, low blood pressure, and low circulation, so my body really needs that boost. I lost weight at a snail's pace. I'm thinking that it took me something like a year and a half to lose the last ten pounds, and that was while being mostly on plan! I actually eat quite a bit for my size; I'm 5'5" and size 6-8.

I don't know what's available by doing an internet search, but I do remember starting out very slowly; something like 20 seconds of activity alternating with 20 seconds of rest several times, but I don't remember exactly.

kc Replied:

Jeanne this sounds like HIIT high intensity intermittent exercise. I have been looking into this and just discovered one for seniors new to exercise on youtube. Different exercises than you were talking about but I think a similar principle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TG8wyDnWELM

Lin Replied:

Thanks to both of you. I am definitely categorized as low metabolism.. I did a breath test with a doctor once who came in twice to make sure I wasn't taking the mouth piece out. Then checked his equipment to see if it was okay. The moral of the story was that my resting metabolism is as low as he had ever seen.
I'm looking into kc'slink

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

kc and Lin, I looked at the link, and that looks like a great site; amazing how many free workouts are out there! What I am doing is different and is actually called metabolic conditioning, or a MetCon workout, just FYI. They may be similar, though; so much info to keep straight!

"See" you in the morning!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.