JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

The 100% rule

Cindy H.

Here's a great article ... as of today 100% is my new mantra!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I love this, and yes, 100% is easier than 99% or less. I did less than 100% the last two weeks of December, and got further off course than planned, not weight-gain wise but wellness-wise. Then when the new year started and I committed to a very narrow road January, I didn't even take one bite of things that were off plan. I told my coworkers that I was monitoring my sugar consumption and that because of my history of compulsion, needed to not take the first bite of something that was not in line with my plan. My February plan is a bit wider road, but it is still 100% compliant if the treat is either on plan or totally worth having in moderation.

Thank you Cindy; this is brilliant!

Peggy 🎈 Replied:

Thanks for posting this.

Gwen Replied:

I agree with the article. Deciding how it will be, is a lot easier and less absorbing than making daily decisions.

Cindy H. Replied:

I just keep saying to myself 100% 100% ... I should get that tattooed on my arm!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Cindy, That would be a nice complement to the One Day At A Time tattoo! I am still chuckling about that.

Pinkdream Replied:

great article!

Shari (CE) Replied:

Debbie Replied:

Great goal. I heard recently that if you focus on what you will do rather than what you should not do, you'll be more successful. This goes hand in hand with that.

Anna Replied:

I like this. My best friend is joining so I am hopeful that she will take me from the 99% to the 100% committed column. It makes so much sense in all areas of my life!

Sharron (Slimrider) Replied:

I love this article, it is true. I always used to beat myself up about being "all or nothing" when the world was preaching moderation in all things but this makes me feel vindicated. I am like an alcoholic with refined carbs - I simply can't have them or I spiral out of control so I have to give my plan 100% commitment to succeed or I will fail (and have done, over and over trying to be moderate!). Thanks so much for sharing!

Lin Replied:

Sharron, so much like you, l can not AtLMOST be an plan. I just get wider and wider a path until in snout three days it's totally off plan. I have been very busy, had company a couple of times so not am holding on barely by my fingernails.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.