JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

What a Registered Dietitian Wants You to Know About How to Lose Weight

Janice

Samantha Cassetty, RD, MS, is a registered dietitian practicing in New York City. An author of "The Girlfriend Diet" and contributor to the New York Times bestseller "7 Years Younger," Samantha's approachable style has helped millions of people on their healthy eating journey.

The latest stats show that more than 70 percent of Americans are overweight or obese, and while many regain that weight, an important study that tracked successful dieters via the National Weight Control Registry found that over a ten-year period, the majority kept it off. I've spent much of the last two decades helping people on their weight loss journey, and through my endless hours of research and writing, plus one-on-one coaching, I've picked up some important insight and great tips. Let me share them with you!

Anne Replied:

I love it when we get reliable information from educated people! So sick of these high protein (completely no carb diets)! It's also nice to know that as I have fine-tuned my diet over the years to eat what works for my weight loss, it's pretty much exactly what I've just read from registered dietitian! It consists of lean proteins, lots of veggies, 2 servings of fresh fruit daily (whatever is in season), 2 servings of lean dairy or low fat, calcium rich foods for my bones, whole grains and lots of water. My real problem is working night shift which knocks my circadian rhythms off.....definitely a cortisol increase which hinders weight loss but I just stick with it. Thanks for all the info! I would enjoy seeing more of this!

Diane Replied:

Great article

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.