JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Overweight or Over-fat?

Peggy

Look at a weightlifter or fitness person. Muscle weighs more than fat. Their BMI is likely way into the overweight and maybe even obese area.

Look at a person who is quite straight in figure. Not much of a waist, but actually quite thin. This person's BMI is likely easily in the normal range.

Now ask each of them to measure around their body even with their belly button. Lets say it is 35". Multiply by 2 gives you 70. The 6' weightlifter is 72 inches tall. 70 is less than 72 he is Not over-fat. The person who is quite strait in figure and also is 35" x 2 =70. 5'6" is 66. 70 is greater than 66. This person is over-fat.

Just another guide to judge our physical health. Saw it on Dr Oz today. For me, I figure I am just under tall....

Lyn Replied:

LOL I am under tall as well.

Gwen Replied:

Interesting! Thanks Peggy!

Cindy H. Replied:

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to get taller.

Diane Replied:

Oops I am undertall too

Gwen Replied:

PS my glasses weigh an awful lot! I must remember not to wear them when I weigh in!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Rjaatt Replied:

Body Mass Index (BMI) is between 25 and 29.9 you are considered overweight. If your BMI is 30 or over you are considered obese.

OUCH! Kick me with a Boot! My BMI is 43.1, BF is 43.8, BW 40.9 and Bone is 6.8. at 268lbs. and dropping. I am what they call at 5' 6" Extreme OBESE! That is why I am working so hard~!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.