JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

It's NOT a diet!!

Val V.

It's NOT a diet, its a LIFESTYLE. If you want to get healthy, lose weight AND keep it off, then you must commit to a lifestyle and not a diet. STOP yo-yo dieting and going from one fad to the next. Stop for a second and look back over the years at your weight loss struggles..how many fad diets have you been on? Now ask yourself this question, how many of them worked? If you are reading this post I'm guessing you haven't found one yet. That's because yo-yo dieting and fad diets DON'T work!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
- Albert Einstein

If you want to get healthy and lose weight and keep it off then you must realize that in order to reach that goal you MUST stop dieting. You MUST commit to a healthy lifestyle!!! PERIOD. Am I saying you can never have a burger and fries or a slice of pizza again? Am I saying good bye to the dessert table? NO!!! You can eat absolutely ANYTHING you want, because it is a lifestyle, NOT ad diet. Follow a 90/10 or and 80/20 plan. Clean and healthy most of the time with a treat here and there. Don't deprive yourself any more. If you want something, have it. When you are following a clean diet 90% of the time, typically you only need one or two chips, or one or two bites of cake to fulfill your craving. Give it a try...I'm changing my lifestyle to one that I can sustain, not depriving myself of anything, and I have lost nearly 4 pounds in 9 days. I'm losing nearly half a pound a day.

Be good to yourselves, live and enjoy life's moments. Make responsible food choices most of the time and don't deprive yourself of a treat here and there. Ever notice what happens when you deprive yourself from something you crave? You're brain focuses on just that, you constantly think about that particular food you are craving until you end up over indulging and then feeling guilty about it afterwards. Don't do this to yourself!!! Commit to a healthy lifestyle thats 90% responsible and 10% indulgent. Its much more sustainable than ANY diet!!

Lyn Replied:

Well put!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

You are singing my song! I have always maintained that the wellness plan must be joyously doable for life, if lifelong wellness at a healthy goal weight is the goal, and to find the plan that gets you and keeps you well; no games, no gimmicks, no shortcuts, no magic bullets, no outsmarting the scale. Boldly go! It is so worth it on so many levels!

Alex Replied:

Agree! I think I have put too much on losing weight instead of focusing on living a healthier lifestyle. I should keep this in mind.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.