JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Courage?

Rjaatt

the ability to do something that frightens one.
"she called on all her courage to face the ordeal"

strength in the face of pain or grief.
"she fought her illness with great courage"

That is what I did today! I had the Courage to Leave my Room/House! I Live In my Own World! Safe in a house in a room. Safe from people so I don't ever get hurt. A simple life a very simple life. So today was a great accomplish in my life. I will go again Tomorrow! or maybe since the fear I overcame the fear today, I might try to take a walk this evening. I don't like to be around people, I don't like people to see me. I have lived in a world of Judgment so I hate to be judged.

Does other people have this kind of fear? Fear of people, Fear of Judgment, Fear of going outside, Fear of Stores? or going places even to a restaurant? Fear to Lose weight?

What stops me, the image of my body, I will be "Flat Chested again". I will be young but old at the same time! I will want to live my life and that might be my biggest fear of all. To be happy!

Lyn Replied:

My husband always says to me...you would never leave the house if you didn't have to, would you? I say...nope! LOL I very much understand where you are coming from.

Alicia Replied:

Having the courage to get out is a HUGE step in the right direction for better health!

Way to go!

GiGi Replied:

Oh, Lyn...I'm so like you...that's one of my vows to myself. I've started going to the hairdresser twice a week, and Bible study every week...lunch with a couple of my friends at least two or three times a month...and going to the grocery store instead of asking Joe to "pick up a few things". It does brighten my day...

It does take courage to just get out. I'm so glad that you are trying to do that...Rjatt! Good for you!

Rjaatt Replied:

Thank you lyn, I needed that.
Thank you Alicia, that was a huge step for me.

GiGi, how wonderful that sounds to me, I would love that kind of a life you are very blessed.
I have never lived that kind of life but always dreamed of it. That would be Heaven to me!

jenny Replied:

Rjatt as you follow your journey you will also learn that you can create your own life, your life, your way you just have to take the first steps.

Rjaatt Replied:

Jenny, I have never had a life! I have tired but My life was for my family, my daughter and son and now grandchild and yes son in law. That is my life: But I have become Iliminated from their life out of PRIDE for RESPECT! I am told to Retire! How can one Retire when one has never worked and one has never made money to enjoy taking trips or golfing all day or fishing. That is what Retirement looks like.

To tell a mother of 35yrs to "Retire" to stop being a "Mother" "Grandmother" but be a "I" person has to be the most hardest thing in the world. Every emotion that Women-kind could feel, I have been through it in the last 10months. From death to awaking. I am at "ME" me, just me, alone me!

jenny Replied:

Rjaatt - of course we never retire from the obligations we have to other people, once a mother/ grandmother/ sister/ friend then always that person but we are bigger than that too. We cannot simply immerse ourselves in being for others.

Rjaatt have you considered blogging, for me it's a great way to get my inner thoughts down, many I don't share anywhere else. You can make it public or private but it's a good way to work through your thoughts. I think you would be good at it and benefit from it.

Rjaatt Replied:

Hi Jenny, No I don't blog, I have learned the dangers of the internet, but I do have a Biography my kids asked me to write and I do put all the information in it. Yes! I am a talkative or emotional or outspoken type of person. I will refrain myself from my personal information. I understand! Thank you for your kindness. I know we are here for one reason to lose weight and all the emotions that comes with it is for journals not the community.

Lyn Replied:

You can blog here on this site and it stays here and is not discoverable by people who are not members of this site. It really is a good tool, I recommend it! And the personal side of it is exactly why we are all here, that is what makes this site so wonderful!

Rjaatt Replied:

Thank you lyn, Yesterday, I spent the day reading about the person who created this, and all this site has to offer, I looked up all the books and I am reading 100 days of wait loss. The problem is I live in my daughters home, I have no money, no car, nothing. I am "Provided a room and meals". Pretty cold if you ask me! Now that she is a "Home Owner" and it is not "Our Home" but "Mine! Home". I refuse to ask my daughter for a dime and I try to keep my store list to $30.00 a week. I do not see them or talk with them yet I am only 3 steps from them, they have shut me out of their life. I stand for "Respect" and "I will not settle for anything less". I gave everything to my kids, after college I sold my house, paid off their college bills, put a down payment on their house, and helped with buying cars. I spend 24/24 raising my grandchild so they can have careers. Too bad they forgot I had dreams also. I still have 5 more years to go until my grandchild is out of home-schooling on-line and starting college. But I will be 61yrs old and with Alzheimer they only give you 7 to 10yrs. I'm on 2 yrs. I have no way to paying, i have no credit cards. nothing not a dime to my name. That is why I am so grateful this place took me. I'm just a old women who sits in a rocking chair all day watching tv and my kids are fine with that, as long as I leave them alone and stay out of their life. One day it will change! If I can lose this weight, I can go and try to find a job. I tried to start my own business giving dogs bike rides that would help me lose weight fast! But they would not buy me a tricycle. but I'm just too fat no one wants to hire me i found out. So when I lose the weight I will try again. for I never give up! That is why I am working so hard to lose this weight! So I can get a Job!

Rjaatt Replied:

Ask yourself: Should I take action to solve this fear? ... YES
Remind yourself that fear can harm you. ... and prevent you from living your life!
Remember that fear is just chemicals. ...Fear is a feeling induced by perceived danger or threat that occurs in certain types of organisms, which causes a change in metabolic and organ functions and ultimately a change in behavior, such as fleeing, hiding, or freezing from perceived traumatic events. ... An irrational fear is called a phobia.
Enlarge your comfort zone. ... trying new things, saying new things and generally stepping into your power
Do something to engage your cognition. ... Always look for new activities to engage your mind.
Name your fears. ...(People's judgment). (confrontations). (loveless family). (never falling in love).
Meditate, or at least stop and breathe. ...awake or sleep you burn around 50 calories an hour due to breathing.
Embrace your fear, then let it go. Move forward, take risks, go on adventures, step out of your comfort zone, and most importantly, be yourself. Today is a new week and a new opportunity , accept it as such!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.