JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Today I had Courage!

Rjaatt

Today I had Courage, I got up at 4am was all ready dressed to leave. I slept in my cloths, I put on my shoes, jacket and scarf. I got my keys and Cellphone, and throat lozenges.

I walked 2 blocks, and Jogged 2 blocks back. I am 278lbs/ 56yr old women.

How Many Calories You Burn
The amount of calories we burn is directly related to the total distance we cover and our weight. For example: if your weight is 160 lb.s. (73 Kg) and you walk 2 miles (3.2 KM), you burn approx. 150 calories.
Step 1: your weight category: 278lb
Step 2: distance traveled: .5 of a mile (4 Blocks)
Step 3: total calories burned: 61 calories

How Many Calories You Burn With a Pedometer
Step 1: weight category: 278lb
Step 2: stride: 15 to 18 inches step/stride
Step 3: total number of steps taken: 500steps
Step 4: total calories burned: 16 calories

No Wonder I never lose weight: all the walking I do and all the exercising is very little compared to the calories I am burning:
Walking 1 mile in 20 minutes = 2,000 steps.
Jogging or running: 1 mile = approximately 4,000 steps (20min).
Swimming 1 mile = approximately 4,000 steps= 100 minutes (1hr 40min)
Walking to reach- 10,000 steps,(1 hour and 40 minutes)
5,000 (50min)
7,499 (70min). By Gorge I think I got it! Take the first number and add a zero!

5000 steps to lose (160 Calories-/1hr) or
1000 steps to lose (316 Calories/ ). Their is the Problem (Weight / Exercise/ Food calories). Yet I live on a 500 calories a day to 700. I can now understand even at that I can see I have to really Walk and Exercise to Compare my WEIGHT to Calories NOT FOOD to Calories!

Angela Replied:

excellent observations. I hope your new understanding helps you see progress very soon!

Lyn Replied:

Well done on the walk/run this morning!

jenny Replied:

Well done on your first steps down the road, we all walk our own path and you have made a great start.

GiGi Replied:

It's a wonderful start...you can and will do this!

Rjaatt Replied:

Today is a sandy day in the desert: So Inside Exercising, I just have to adjust my thinking first.
1. Walk in place: burns an average of 258 calories per hour.
2. Elliptical 3-in-1: burns an estimated 137 calories in 20min for a person weighing 274 pounds.
3. Jogging in place: 30 min burns a average of 238 calories
4. Lifting Weights: Arm curls- front, back, over head burns a average of 157 calories

Such simple things and I have spent the last year fighting it all for no reason. I just don't have one.
State of mind? Lack of motivation, no one to work out with, I have tired. So every day I am grateful for this site because its a place I have to be accountable for my actions.

Rjaatt Replied:

Laugh out Loud, I think I am a KID~! So I thought, I have a Jump Rope? I use to use it all the time, so I went hunting in all the cabinets, found it. Untangled it from all the others sitting on a shelf.

It took me 7 times to finally jump! haa haa haa 274lbs and I think I can jump like a kid now that is funny. Well I gave it my best lasted 3 min.. better then nothing. So I looked up how much it burned calories. Remember I'm 56yrs old! Apple shaped figure short and stocky!

Jumping rope burns more than 10 calories a minute while strengthening your legs, butt, shoulders, and arms. And it doesn't take long to reap major rewards. You can burn more than 200 calories in two 10-minute sessions each day (that's 1,000 calories a week)! and walking 4 blocks I burned only 60calories? I think jumping rope is better. but not better then the bike that burned off 257calories.

Lyn Replied:

I pee when I jump rope. LOL

Trina Replied:

haha, lyn that was so funny!!! I just peed a little.

Rjaatt Replied:

I peed when I jumped rope yesterday, Today I will make sure I hit the little girls room first.
What is funny Trina is watching a "Old Granny Apple" jump up and down bobbing from a jump-rope. Now that is funny...

Pedometer Steps
Walking 7 blocks-Jogging 7 blocks took - Steps: 16896 Calories Burned: 1286. WOW! I need to do this more often. so my calories are determined on my weight when I did 2 blocks I lost 60calories but 7 blocks is 1286? Amazing! So far that is the most I have lost at one time. I guess that is why a Human [[walk, strut or slow jog]] burns more weight then a Machine!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.