JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

17617 days ago: others are not to blame for your weight problem

Rjaatt

Today, I have gone back in "YOUR TIME MACHINE". I have read most of the posts and WOW! I'm not the only one that can write! in 5 days I have learned so much! After reading the 100 day book, I wanted to see what else was said about it so out of curiosity best place to go is the community board and back track. To 17,617days ago from the beginning. I hope Karen dose not mind me "REPOSING THIS" but I felt for my own sake it was important and a reminder to myself!

Others are not to blame for your weight problem
17617 days ago -

Others can mean anything from situations, to people, to many health conditions people blame it on.

How many times have you heard someone (or yourself said) say something like this:
--If only my husband hadn't brought X home. (for 18yrs). OOPS!
--How can I go to their house and not eat what they cooked for me. That's rude. (every Friday his mothers house for 7 yrs).
--I have to keep X in the house for my husband or for my kids.
(X = the foods we don't need to eat or our trigger foods).

A member: talks about the fact that none of us have someone holding us down pouring high calorie foods in our mouth. No one is pointing a gun to our heads and making us eat. We choose to do that. We make the decisions. If we use this excuse, we are saying we are blameless in our situation, and therefore it's an excuse not to be "able" to do anything about it. So we have to eliminate this language and this excuse from our lives to be successful.

Many of us live with people who are less than supportive of our efforts. ( they think bring home treats will please us). They want us to go out and eat with them, and choose places where we have a really hard time eating healthy, (Fast Places are quick, but in the long run they added 20lb a year to my weight) or they do bring stuff into the house that is hard to resist. BUT, that doesn't mean we have to eat it, does it? (NO!). ...

As far as keeping something in the house for the husband and kids, the question to ask about those foods is: Are they really foods your children and family NEED to eat? If it's a box of .99 on sale, or a $1.00 sale on Tv dinners, chips, etc. is there a healthier alternative? If so, buy it instead. (fruits and Vegetables). One scoop not 3 or 4 startches with ?.

I love this part: I don't have to explain my self to anyone but myself!
We do not have to EXPLAIN why we aren't eating something. All we have to do is practice and be ready to say two words...NO THANKS! No explanation needed. Linda Spangle has a softer version of this, namely, No thanks, I will have some later. That gets the food pushers off your back. And "later" might mean a year from now or a decade from now. WE get to choose.

When we say "no" to food, it arouses many uncomfortable emotions. That's when we should blog our feelings, talk to a friend who understands, or do something to get that feeling out there. As a Member says: We will not die from uncomfortable feelings. To that, I add, but we may be killing ourselves by eating too much food or not enough food and our body wants to store the fat for another year.

We have to stop blaming other people and things for our weight problem and take responsibility for our actions. I personally have hit a home run on this subject! I am a blamer and I can admit it.
The past will set you free!

Rjaatt Replied:

1. Setting unrealistic goals
Having a clear vision of what your weight loss goals are is critical to your success, but many people give up on their weight loss goals because they expect results that take time and perseverance.

2. Eating emotionally
Eating should be enjoyable, but when the love of food is used as a coping mechanism during times of stress or sadness, it can turn unhealthy. If you're an emotional eater (like I am) dealing with the underlying emotions that fuel compulsive eating is essential. (If I don't get mad- I don't eat! it really is that simple for me). When I am left alone, and none "takes out their problems on me" I have no reason to eat! I have learned to get up, walk away and shut my bedroom door no matter how many times I try to re-walk out, it's their problems "NOT MINE!". I am not here to solve their problems, I am not a Dictator!

3. Hating yourself
You can't heal a body you hate. You aren't able to get healthy and lose weight because of years of self-loathing. Unconscious assumptions about yourself, that you are not worthy of love or good things, is a lie. When these false beliefs go unaddressed, even if you had the body you always wanted, it would never be enough. ???? is it hating yourself? or ?you feel others hate you??

4. Failing to nourish your body
This goes hand in hand with self-loathing. Do your body a favor and end starvation diets and fad diets. Your body's weight is a result of myriad different physiological factors that need to be nourished with good, healthy food. Your body needs those nutrients to function the way it was intended to. (Failed Biology Class and Chemistry Class). School I should have Listened!

5. Searching endlessly for quick fixes
I see many people with piles of exercise DVDs, weight loss products and fad diet books that promise "4 minute abs" or "1 pill a day to melt the fat away." (I have done it all short term). Now I am in this for LONG TERM!

6. Making weight loss the ultimate goal
Losing weight is not equivalent with getting healthy. Nothing will make you lose weight, but you! Get that mind healthier. Make it happy, make it feel joy and happiness and love again. Be in love with yourself to the point of being conceited and vain to love yourself is the greatest gift to god! Then you can love others just as much! (I stopped loving people because I stopped loving myself).

Cindy H. Replied:

A great reminder!!

Rjaatt Replied:

4. Failing to nourish your body.
6. Making weight loss the ultimate goal.

Rjaatt Replied:

Ezekiel 4:9
"And you, take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and emmer, and put them into a single vessel and make your bread from them. During the number of days that you lie on your side, 390 days, you shall eat it.
Wheat: --- Amount Per 1 cup (192 g),----- Calories 651
Barley: -- -Amount Per 1 cup (184 g),----- Calories 651
Bean: ----- Amount Per 1 tbsp (12 g),- --- -Calories 42
Lentil: -----Amount Per 1 tbsp (12.3 g),- -Calories 14
Millet: -----Amount Per 1 cup (200 g) -----Calories 756
Emmer:-- -Amount Per 1 cup (174 g) --- --Calories 588

Total Calories: 2,688 calories a day 390 days a year! That is a LOT of CALORIES to me!
I wanted to see what the Bible has to Say -Verses- the Scientists.

4 cups and 2 tbsp. of flower a day = 4.12500 US cups of flower out of that -one may have 6.9 calories.
---That's Crazy!---- But that is just Bread! So when you think of it, its Grain bread: Figured this out
Multigrain Flatbread: How Funny! It takes 4cups and 2tbsp. Calories 220- 3times a day= 6.9 grams of carbs in bread.

The long-time recommendation (bible) is 2,000 to 2,688 calories per day for women to men, if you're a very active adult.
This is how Society/ Doctors/ Scientist estimate ones amount of calories every day!
Sex--Male/ Female
Weight
Height
YOU'RE BASAL METABOLIC RATE (BMR): Got to be a Rocket Scientist or Great with Numbers.

Rjaatt Replied:

Sorry this is long but the B- is long! I broke it down as must as possible! this is not to offend anyone but to only 'COMPARE" The B- Verses -Scientists. How Equal in Calories are they? 100%. Scientists have taken the information and enriched through out the lands creating options for many meals and foods for humans and animals to eat. To bad they took it too far! Junk-food!

Now! That was just Bread! Flat Bread: You also get to eat this; "every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit." "Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you." Too bad the USA Limits us on MEATS!

"let us be given vegetables to eat and water to drink." At the end of ten days it was seen that they were better in appearance and fatter in flesh than all the youths who ate the king's food. ... (MEAT)

I love this part in the Bible: YET! The USA Denies the People of these foods! And limits our choices! These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth. Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Nevertheless, among those that chew the cud or part the hoof, you shall not eat these: The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. And the rock badger, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh ...

You shall eat no fat, of ox or sheep or goat. The fat of an animal that dies of itself and the fat of one that is torn by beasts may be put to any other use, but on no account shall you eat it.

a daily portion of the food that the king ate, and of the grapes that he drank. They were to be of good appearance and skillful in all wisdom, endowed with knowledge, understanding learning, and competent. Then educated for three years on how to eat and drink, how to prepare foods. (Chefs)

feed me with the food that is needful for me of rich food full of marrow with fermented fruit. Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience. but be filled with the Spirit. Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. "Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

For while bodily training is of some value as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. Grain shall make the young men flourish, and new fruit the young women. A land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive trees and honey, And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. "You may surely eat of every tree of the garden". (No longer drink only water, but use a little fermented fruit for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.) They gave him a piece of broiled fish, But of the tree of the knowledge you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." The seeds of the apple like that of cherries and almonds also contain cyanide though in much smaller doses.

And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food to eat."
make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.

"These you may eat, of all that are in the waters. Everything in the waters that has fins and scales, whether in the seas or in the rivers, you may eat.

Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field. It was like coriander seed, white, and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey. And at mealtime "Come here and eat some bread and dip your morsel in the I am about to rain bread from heaven for you, and the people shall go out and gather a day's portion every day, shall dip the bread into the Balsamic Vinegar. then do this: take some of the choice fruits of the land in your bags, and carry a present a little balm and a little honey, gum, myrrh, pistachio nuts, and almonds.

Then take the curds and milk and the calf that had been prepared, and set it before them. "And under the tree while they ate."

Note. Fermented fruit is then made into bitter vinegar as sauces and dips.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.