JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Body Image

jenny

Have been thinking on my blog about body image. I still see myself as 35 and fat. How about you?

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

What an interesting topic!

I have a skewed body image, but I currently have a very healthy focus on all things wellness. I do what I can to foster the best health spiritually, emotionally, physically, and mentally, despite a tendency to not be able to objectively see my positive traits.

I see myself as my current age, but I see myself as larger than I am, and am surprised at how lean and trim I am when I actually see myself next to someone. Intellectually I know the reality, but just do not always see it. Always a work in progress!

Lyn Replied:

Wow, I could write a book on this. But don't worry, I won't! LOL I do not have a healthy body image, never have. I look back at pictures of me as a size 5 and wonder how I could have thought I was fat back then. I still don't see myself right, I am always looking at people trying to figure out if that is what I look like, am I that size? When I dream I am still skinny, always. When I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror or store window I am shocked at how big I am now. I've lost quite a bit and at first I could see it but now it feels as if I still look the same as before. I can no longer see the difference. I wonder if I will ever have a decent body image. If I get to goal will I be able to appreciate my body now or will I still not be able to see it right...

Angela Replied:

Although I've been heavy for a long time, I generally don't perceive myself that way until I try and get dressed. The mirror is not a friendly thing. However, pictures can be very helpful. When I lost weight a while back I felt good and could see my clothes size dropping but it wasn't until I had to get a new drivers photo taken and saw the old and new side by side that I was truly amazed. Numbers like weight and measurements help but that pic was inspiring. I don't plan to do that bra and panty thing or bikini or whatever that so many brave women have posted but I like the idea of an outfit that is skin tight now and seeing it baggy later. Meanwhile I'm thankful I'm healthy and can take this road to thinner and fitter!

Gwen Replied:

I perceive myself as fat even at my goal weight! How I think of my body image is not based on reality or facts but on emotions and they come and go for sure.

Angela Replied:

I've been pinning inspirational pics of girls who have similar weight loss goals to mine. I've also been looking for on line workout videos that are suitable for people over 200 pounds. Anyone have any they particularly like?

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.