JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Global or Regional Cuisine Eaters?

Rjaatt

Global cuisine - a cuisine that is practiced around the world. A cuisine is a characteristic style of cooking practices and traditions, often associated with a specific region, country or culture.

Regional cuisine - based upon national, state or local regions. Regional cuisines may vary based upon food availability and trade, varying climates, cooking traditions and practices, and cultural differences. "A traditional cuisine is a coherent tradition of food preparation that rises from the daily lives and kitchens of a people."

List of African cuisines
List of cuisines of the Americas
List of Asian cuisines
List of European cuisines
List of Oceanic cuisine

What cuisine do you eat on a daily; day in your home?

Gwen Replied:

I think I have a mixtures of cuisines that have just come together through my life experiences, where I have visited and tastes I have developed. Being a Scot I definitely know about Scottish cuisine, cooking methods and typical foods.

Rjaatt Replied:

My son in law his family are Scottish but when the family moved to America I moved in the central states so they learned to eat poor-mans food. Oklahoma
While My side of the family on my Dads side was Norwegian so we got a lot of great foods when I was young, my grandmother was a great cook and she cooked so many Norwegian Foods for her Mother. However they settled in Minnesota and later in the 50's moved to California.
While on my Mothers side of the family it was Cherokee Meet the Irish, and so that was a interesting mixture. Country foods they both met in Kentucky but also in the 50's they moved to California.
While my husband (ex -18yrs). His Mother cooked old fashion 50's foods and that is what she taught me at 20yrs old.

But when I got cancer is when my cultural mix started. I wanted to see at the time who had the less cancer and Korean's did so for the next 7 years I ate only Korean/Japanese/ Thailand, etc. Asian foods and with in 3 years my cancer had gone away. It was not until I thought I was safe and started in 2013 could go back to eating American foods. boy was I wrong! It didn't take me much to start getting sick again. As for my diet now, I am starting off at the oldest Meals, and working my way down through the Timeline in History! At least I can make it fun and see what is else out their to offer a body. Even though I have to do it through Wallyworld (shopping) and some other small stores for veggies etc. I can get the idea of what it was like not 100% but at least 40% idea. You would be amazed at how Americans over eat! I use a 1/4 of cup for all my foods. 1/8 cup/fruit, 1/4 cup oatmeal or rice, or noodles, and a 1/2 Veggies and for salads 3/4. I never use a dinner plate, I use only small bowls like Koreans do.

Lyn Replied:

It's funny, I prefer to eat out of a bowl, I eat almost everything out of a bowl, people always laugh at me.

Rjaatt Replied:

Wonderful Lyn, it is a great way to balance your meals. But if its a cereal bowl then
(Cereal Bowl 28 oz) You can take a measuring cup and fill it up with "DRY" Flower and see how much your Bowl handles, then try a Liquid, then use Fruit and Veggies to see how much you can get into that Bowl. And your Set for 3meals a day or 3 bowls a day.

10oz,
14oz,
1z.

Cereal Bowl 28 oz

Bowl sizes: 1/4: 0.19 of oz, ounce (Egg size)
Bowl sizes: 1/3: 0.25 of oz, ounce (Kiwi)
Bowl sizes: 1/2: 0.37 of oz, ounce (Computer MOUSE) (1/2 cup = One Billiard Ball)
Bowl sizes: 2/3: 0.49 of oz, ounce (lemon)
Bowl sizes: 3/4: 0.56 of oz, ounce (Tennis Ball)
Bowl sizes: 1cp 0.74 of oz, ounce (Base Ball)

In a Cereal Bowl = you can fit: Grapefruit cut in half, 8 bite sizes of tomatoes, vine of grapes, 3 carrots, hand full of Nuts, 3 Cauliflower broken off. and 1egg. All of this will fit into a cereal Bowl.

In a Cereal Bowl = A Chef Salad, For Lunch or Dinner 2 oz deli sliced turkey, breast.1/4 cup(s) low-fat Swiss cheese, (chopped)* 1 item(s) whole hard boiled egg(s), (sliced) 1 cup(s) lettuce.1/2 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), (sliced) 1/2 cup(s) cucumber(s), (sliced) 2 Tbsp low-fat vinaigrette salad dressing,
1 1/2 oz whole wheat dinner roll(s) sitting on top

take The 3rd bowl Snacks 1/2 of cup 2's a day,[ filled with Cereal/milk] and the other one filled with rice, or noodles or a potato, you have just created a entire days worth of food.
(1200 calories) - ( 2200 calories) if you use dressing.

So Lyn: GREAT JOB! Look at all the foods you get to eat for Breakfast. Lunch and Dinner with 2 snacks a day.

Rjaatt Replied:

What country consumes the most calories?
The U.S. topped the list as the country with the highest calorie intake of any in the world. The average calorie consumption per day in the U.S. is 3,770 calories, followed by Austria with 3,760, and Italy with 3,660.

What country's consume the least calories?
Mediterranean, Japan, Nordic, West Africa , French,

These are the most healthy countries in the world.

Australia. > Life expectancy: 79.9 (5th highest) ...
Sweden. > Life expectancy: 79.9 (5th highest) ...
Singapore. > Life expectancy: 79.9 (5th highest) ...
Austria. > Life expectancy: 78.4 (20th highest) ...
Iceland. > Life expectancy: 81.6 (the highest

World Ranking Most Least Healthiest in the WORLD!
United States of America - 109,342,839
China - 97,256,700
India - 65,619,826
Brazil - 41,857,656
Mexico - 36,294,881
Russia - 34,701,531
Egypt - 28,192,861
Turkey - 23,819,781
Iran - 21,183,488
Nigeria - 20,997,494

Rjaatt Replied:

Hum in Istrian, Croatia, Italy: is known as the smallest town in the world, has the oldest cookbook in the world, I will start here on my journey to 2000 yrs ago eating, all of the food is made it might seem crazy but I am going to have fun on this diet! Istrian Food Experiences, Croatian Recipes Istarska Maneštra.

Croatian Recipe Pasta Fazol Pasta and Bean Soup, this is were my journey starts: Today!
XIII Century by Marco Polo, Born: 1254, Venice, Italy who introduced the pasta in Italy upon returning from one of his trips to China in 1271. On chapter CLXXI from the "Books of the World's Wonders", Marco Polo makes a reference to the pasta in China. China's East Han Dynasty between A.D. 25 and 220, Lu said. noodles were first made in the Middle East and introduced to Italy by the Arabs. Noodles made from wheat! A 4,000-year-old bowl of noodles unearthed in China is the earliest example ever found of one of the world's most popular foods, scientists reported today. It also suggests an Asian--not Italian--origin for the staple dish.

Genetic analysis of wild einkorn wheat suggests that it was first grown in the Karacadag Mountains in southeastern Turkey. Dated archeological remains of einkorn wheat in settlement sites near this region, including those at Abu Hureyra in Syria, suggest the domestication of einkorn near the Karacadag Mountain Range.

So the truth is this where did the Wheat start is where you will find the Noodles or Pasta! This was the first meal. Historical Development of Wheat Crop the information is quite interesting if you read it.

Polish and Croatian cuisine: set with meat and fish vegetable stew, bean sausage and spinach soup, meat dumpling, fresh vegetable with cream sauce, ...Spaghetti Pasta Carbonara--so EASY, takes only 30 min start to finish! With 100 Leading Croatian Restaurant's.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.