JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

caffeine consumption (coffee)

Rjaatt

The newspaper reports that drinking three or more cups of coffee a day is linked with vision loss and blindness. The story is based on a study that looked at the association between caffeine consumption and exfoliation glaucoma.

Although caffeine will not likely cause serious health complications, its use may cause symptoms such as increased heart rate, shaky hands and anxiety. Blurred vision does not typically occur with caffeine use, but caffeine could increase the risk for certain eye conditions that may cause periodic blurring.

Since I started this place, I have gone off of coffee completely not ONE CUP!, I did have a few cups of tea but realized later into the program that this should be stopped if I am going to drink water.

Yesterday I had a coffee in my system, and today, this morning my eyes are blurry and once again I am 1/2 way blind. I have been fighting this for years, ? Why? Why are my eyes blurry some days and not other days? They go in and out for the last 10 ump years. I'm not a Diabetic, I have already been tested several times. ? is it spices? ?foods?, I don't drink or smoke. ... I don't drink any carbonated water very rare and its only belle vie, if I do. But why! I buy beans and grind them myself so its not like they put chemicals in fresh beans other then pesticides on the plants.

I have been Blur Free for almost a month. Rack it up to Coffee! I will start watching this and keeping a eye on it. For a long time I know that if I read on my cellphone my eyes go blurred! and it affects my left eye almost to the point of PAIN! Sharp Pain, something in the screen light just retina is the light-sensitive layer of tissue that lines the inside of the eye and sends visual messages through the optic nerve to the brain.

But after reading this: I am a long time Coffee Drinking like my dad, we drink it "BLACK". don't pretty it up with all that junk (milk-sugars). . I have been drinking it since I was a young child, I think I drank coffee before I ever walked I am positive of that. I am a LONG time Coffee Drinker!

So! I will rack this up to Coffee! it would explain everything! I will do 3 more tests in the next 3 months and see if it is true. it should take 3 days for my eyes to clear up I hope sooner.

Ops" for got the question: Are you a coffee drinker and how long, do you drink it Black or Junk it up with Milk and Sugar? or those Flavored coffee's with syrups and spices.

kc Replied:

We are each an experiment of one. We need to listen to our bodies and find what triggers negative reactions. Good detective work Rjaatt.

jenny Replied:

Having worked in medical research we all need to be careful how we review research. Research can easily be screwed to a particular result, have too small a sample to be relevant or not be well controlled.

Do not believe all you read. Read around the subject and read lots of different research on the same subject. If possible read independent reviews of multiple research projects.

Rjaatt Replied:

Basically Slow Carbs include all fruits, veggies, beans, legumes, and whole grains!

Beans and Legumes: Black Beans. Butter Beans. Cannellini beans. ...
Whole Grain Breads and Cereals: Sourdough Bread. Rye Bread. Pumpernickel. ...
Grains: Barley. Buckwheat. ...
Pasta and Rice: Whole grain pasta. Brown rice. ...
Veggies: Artichokes. Asparagus.
Sweet Potatoes. ...
Nuts and Nut Butter. ...
Steel-Cut Oats and Quinoa
. Eat the same few meals over and over again, especially for breakfast and lunch

Wow! I never know what I am going to learn today! Little by little I will lose this weight and I will educate myself doing so; only because I do not! want to be fat again, I can't ride a bike, or climb a hill and we have mountains that I need to climb, trails to walk for got sake, all the things I loved and all the things I stopped doing because of marriage, kids, work, taking care of everyone else kids so they can work, I just stop being "ME". Grant it I was a Teenager when I did most of this or a young women but I sure miss not being able to do any of these things. Even bowling excuses me with in a short time, walking in a store for get it (Grab that movable cart and drive around instead).
When do I tell myself, enough is enough! "NOW" I see the problem I am having!

Rjaatt Replied:

Everything I have been reading is from different sites saying the same thing but in different words. From Research papers, to Data fact sheets, to Blindness Fact Sheet California's Stem Cell Agency
Laboratory Procedure Manual. Analyte, Public Release Data Set Information, along with Research in animals. Blood pressure response to chronic intake of coffee and caffeine: Recent epidemiological studies have demonstrated that coffee drinking is associated with reduced mortality of cardiovascular disease. One study found that consuming caffeine 6 hours before bedtime reduced total sleep time by 1 hour. It only takes 45 minutes for 99% of the caffeine to be absorbed through these membranes. In humans, the half-life for caffeine is anywhere from 4 to 6 hours on average, which explains why the average energy drink or coffee's effect lasts about 4 to 6 hours. Coffee Enema: Benefits, Risks, and More.

so I am reading a HUGE amount of different aspects and causes, side effects and the Pro's and Negatives of Coffee. of Dieting, of Gmos, Chemicals sprayed on plants, Perhaps its not the coffee in itself but the pesticides that are sprayed on the plant and it absorbed these chemicals causing the coffee bean to react in a human body. All these things I am looking at.

Thanks Ladies, I am learning so much from you'll

Lyn Replied:

Yeah, you can find "evidence" to support pretty much anything. I always read everything I can find and go with my gut. lol

Rjaatt Replied:

Well, the only thing that was out of my norm was (COFFEE) and with in 40min I was Blurred eyes, and Today, I have been blurred eyes all days preventing me from going walking. Only because I didn't want to put myself in danger or trip and fall. I have done that many times and it hurts for days on days.

We will see what happens on Sunday!

When I went off the coffee I had noticed a huge change in the last 3 weeks since- March 22nd when I started this site, then I stopped drinking Tea also. And within just 5 days I noticed I could see out my window and I could see the computer with out squinting.

NOTE I have a HUGE SCREEN! and my Writing is at 18 size for me to see with out glasses. My computer screen is like 27" so you can see how big at 18 print size I have to read. This site converts my size 11 print that is really small for me, so I have to ENLARGE IT to read all this info. I have to do this with 99.3% of everything on the computer.

What font size is large print?

The "point" is the usual unit for measuring the size of fonts.

Regular print is usually 10 or 12 point and may even be slightly smaller than this in some newspapers.
Clear print is usually 14 point.
Large print is significantly bigger - 16 point or higher - and this may be large enough for people who have some useful sight, but who struggle to read regular print.
We also use the term "giant print" to refer to anything larger than 18 point size.

Giant print are 22 to 24 point size

Rjaatt Replied:

What countries drink the most Coffee:
The world's 20 biggest coffee drinkers

What countries have The highest problems with eyes (exfoliation glaucoma).
Russia, Nordic -Scandinavia, Finland, Iceland, and the Faroe Islands, Greeks, Mediterranean populations, Indians, have more eye problems then any other country.

Finland - 12kg per capita per year.
Norway - 9.9.
Iceland - 9.
Denmark - 8.7.
Netherlands - 8.4.
Sweden - 8.2.
Switzerland - 7.9.
Belgium - 6.8.

JACK POT or COFFEE POT Wins HAND DOWN! This is 100% Proof. it took all eveing to find the information but one link led to another if you put in the right information you get the Information hidden in Doctor Reports 2017. It's all their the Government just does not want the American People to find out about this stuff. Only because we base our government on Food and Goods! Blow the Secrets and We become a Poor Nation! Healthy Care is the Number 1# Highest Paid Profession. These scientists wondered if the vision struggles for people in this part of the world were hereditary and indigenous to their ethnicity or if they were a result of their lifestyle. COFFEE!

Rjaatt Replied:

Tea vs Coffee: Caffeine Content. ... Black teas have more caffeine than green teas. And coffee might have over twice that amount! The typical cup (eight ounces) of brewed coffee contains around 100 milligrams of caffeine

Rjaatt Replied:

I have not had any water, but I have had (chicken broth in a cup) I like to drink it. I also took a shower! Once again Blurry eyes not as bad but enough to limit me its like triple vision. Its called the Squinting game to see! OPEN WIDE EYES and everything is BLURRY, Squint and everything is fine. so it is a different affect then the coffee which I am completely unable to see any words unless its at a size 18 to 24 print. I will figure this out in time. Shower on the Eyeballs, or Chicken OILS?

Cedric Replied:

IMO, The main concern about coffee is that your body quickly builds a tolerance to caffeine between one and two weeks. That's a short period of time. Caffeine withdrawal occurs in 12 to 24 hours. So that morning boost is actually your body going through withdrawal symptoms. I don't particularly want to be a slave to that, but you can certainly have caffeine once in awhile.

Myself, when I have caffeine, I can be sluggish *and* awake at the same time, which isn't a good combination! So I don't make any special effort to have or not have the stuff.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.