JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Cabbage Soup Diet

Rjaatt

Cabbage Soup Diet ( This Jump Started my diet) so I could start to lose weight and it is really good.
The answer to your Question in your head ( NO it does not cause Cramping of the Stomach)

Day One: X
Fruit:
Eat all of the fruit you want (except bananas). Eat only the cabbage soup and the fruit for the first day.
For drinks - unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water.

Day Two: X
Vegetables:
Eat until you are stuffed will all fresh, raw or cooked vegetables of your choice including leafy green vegetables and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn.
Eat all the vegetables you want along with your soup. At dinner, reward yourself with a big baked potato with butter. Do not eat fruit today.

Day Three:
Mix Days One and Two:
Eat all the soup, fruits and vegetables you want except
potatoes.

Day Four:
Bananas and Skim Milk:
Eat as many as eight bananas and drink as many glasses of skim milk as you would like on this day, along with your soup. This day is supposed to lessen your desire for sweets.

Day Five:
Beef and Tomatoes:
Ten to twenty ounces of beef and up to six fresh
tomatoes. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water this day to wash the uric acid from your body. Eat your soup at least once this day. You may eat broiled or baked chicken instead of beef (but no skin-on chicken). If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef on one of the beef days (but not both).

Day Six:
Beef and Vegetables.
Eat to your heart's content of beef and vegetables this day. You can even have 2 or 3 steaks if you like, with leafy green vegetables. No potatoes. Eat your soup at least once.

Day Seven:
Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables:
You can STUFF yourself. Be sure to eat your soup at
least once this day.

Cheating tip: The rice is extremely bland. We
recommend cooking the rice in a little chicken broth and topping with a small amount of low-salt soy dressing.

DIET TIPS:
_ Be prepared to spend more time in the bathroom - there are
frequent bowel movements.

The cabbage soup
can be eaten at any time you feel hungry during the day, and you can eat as much as you wish as often as you like!
IF You eat Meat! (Pork) it is best to add in a Pork Bones or Ham Hocks or Left over Ham this will allow it too have a oil, will coat your stomach. This is how I cooked "My Cabbage soup!" Then remove and place in "Mason Jars for the week". Eat as much as you want too, I had "One Bowl" for "Breakfast" and "One Bowl for Lunch!"

6 large green onions
2 yellow peppers
1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced)
5 Carrots (diced)
1 bunch celery (diced)
1 small cabbage (Shredded)
3 medium zucchini (diced)
1 package Lipton Onion Soup mix (I forgot to put mine in) So I added my own spices flavors.
Season to taste with pepper, parsley, garlic and onion powder (NOT GARLIC SALT)

You will need a large pot. dice the vegetables and cover with water. Boil fast for 10 minutes, and then drop to simmer and continue cooking until all vegetables are tender.
If you have (Pork) please simmer for at least 2hrs if raw and if cooked pork/ ham then 45min.

You can freeze this soup. I placed in Mason Jars and stuck them in the back of the Frig. The more they ferment the better they are for your stomach. Make sure you Clean the Lids in Boiling water and then clean the jar tops with around the base so the lids fit on tight. Or If you have made too much to eat then place in Doubled Plastic bags and Freeze

Tip: Add enough water to keep the sodium level low. High sodium levels will retain water in the body.

Rjaatt Replied:

Note: I didn't eat the Bananas its swells up my mouth and I didn't eat the RED MEAT, because I don't eat that stuff. very rare unless maybe its a roast on sale and even that I would only eat a slice. I just ate the soup twice a day with Ham bones in it. So I eliminated the Meats all together. Thought I should say that.

I did eat tons of Veggies of all types and Colors One of each I could find at walmart/sprouts.

Red, Blue and Purple
Red, blue and purple fruits and vegetables usually contain anthocyanins, and red fruits and vegetables often contain lycopene as well. Anthocyanins have antioxidant properties that help limit damage caused to your cells by free radicals and may also lower your risk for heart disease, stroke, cancer, macular degeneration and memory problems. Lycopene may help lower your risk for cancer and heart disease. These brightly colored fruits and vegetables often also contain essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C and folate. Compounds in these fruits and vegetables also help keep your vision and immune system healthy and limit your risk for urinary tract infections.

White
White fruits and vegetables get their color from polyphenol compounds with antioxidant properties called anthoxanthins, which may help lower your risk for heart disease and cancer. Some white foods, like garlic, contain allicin, which may help lower your risk for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cancer and heart disease. These foods may also be good sources of potassium, vitamin C, folate, niacin and riboflavin. A study published in November 2011 in "Stroke" found that consuming more white fruits and vegetables may lower your risk for strokes.

Orange and Yellow
The compounds that give orange and yellow fruits and vegetables their color are called carotenoids. Carotenoids may help improve your immune function and lower your risk for heart disease, vision problems and cancer. Beta-carotene is a carotenoid that your body uses to create vitamin A. Folate, potassium, bromium and vitamin C are also often found in orange and yellow fruits and vegetables.

Green
Chlorophyll gives green fruits and vegetables their color. Some of these fruits and vegetables also contain indoles, which may lower your risk for cancer, and lutein, which helps prevent problems with your vision. Other common nutrients in many of these fruits and vegetables include vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K and folate.

Gwen Replied:

Thanks for sharing this information Rjaatt.

Rjaatt Replied:

Just Trying to help others who are having a problem losing weight on their "DIETS". And people are confused why I am losing so much weight in such a short time. Its because I have fun with my diets and I am not consumed but instead I spend endless hours researching what works and what does not. This is what helped me kick off my diet an start to lose weight.

Rjaatt Replied:

Today! I start my 2nd Round of Cabbage Diet, 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. I am looking forward to losing another 40lbs. I am very happy with the outcome of my personal created diet. I have had fun and learned about our Cooking History dating back to BC. I have just had a blast. The Month of May will be a great Month I will be 57yrs old. I have gone from a size 22 in March to a size 18 in April. Walking into a size 16 in May! I am on the right track with this program thanks SYD for letting me create my own diet that works for me. ... If you really want to lose weight, Walk and do Aerobics or Dance for 1 hrs a day to Music or Videos. Remember to lose weight you must exercise 3 times your calories!

If you eat 300 calories like I do a day, then you must burn 900 calories or 1200 calories. To drop that weight! That is what I found in "April" after all my Research on the internet and reading, watching videos, and Researching Science, Medical Books from UCLA, Harvard, Baylor University
Florida State University, McMaster University, Michigan State University, New York University, Ohio State University. These are just a few.

Along with the First City's in the World: Hum, Eridu, Uruk, Byblos, Jericho, Damascus, Aleppo, Jerusalem, Sidon, Luoyang, Athens, Argos, and Varasani. Along with San Marino, Japan, or China, France, Armenia, Japan, Iran, Ethiopia,Portugal.

Humans in 21st Century Eat way too MUCH FOOD!

Rjaatt Replied:

Oldest People in the World Eat (and Drink) Every Day.
1. Salads-- Water --bananas
2. Three raw eggs a day--
3. Pickled herring every day
4. Pork, eggs, grits
5. Oatmeal, plain
6. Sushi, especially mackerel on vinegar-steamed rice.
7. Herbal chutney and seasonal fruit
8. Only drinks tea and wine. No water.
9. Chicken, green beans, and sweet potatoes.
10. Olive oil, rode a bicycle
11. Soups, Salad, Salami,

Rjaatt Replied:

I'm so excited, Really I can't wait to have lunch because I get to have the Cabbage Soup! I know that sounds funny at 5am in the morning but my soup is so good that I can't stop thinking of it, the taste is so refreshing and the flavor is so Delicious. Then I get to have a bowl of the fruit Soup and that is Amazing no wonder it was a favorite of Ancient Greeks, Aristotle in the 4th century BCE.

They really knew how to cook and how foods went together that is for sure: I can see how through the years Millions of people maybe even Trillions or Katrillions who have lived on the planet created these dishes and passed them down year after year Think about this 4th generation - 21st century?
That is a long, long time. That is 17Centrys ago = 1,700 years ago they created (Fruit Soup). But it goes even farther then that, because the first fruit that was smashed and left in the sun on a rock could be considered evolutionary, or the first forest fire and after it was over a person saw cooked meat for the first time, and cooked nuts, cooked fruit and made a meal. That is how amazing the world is and how even more amazing People are! Think on that one today! The next time you pick up a Fruit, Boil it in some water, blend it up in a blender and then make a soup out of it. How Simple can that be 20mint of your time. Cook that Fruit! Its Delicious!

Rjaatt Replied:

OMG! LIKE! IT WAS SO GOOD! The Fruit Soup! Scrumptious! The Cabbage Soup Spicy Hot this time, OOPS! I am such a great cook! I love the foods I cook, and the best thing is it's Recipes from Norwegian fruktsuppe, it may be served warm or cold, and rely on dried fruit, such as dried prunes, apricots and raisins, cherries, thus being able to be prepared in any season. Fruit soups may include milk or cream, sweet or savory dumplings, spices, I used sour cream. Boiled it in water for 35min then put it all in a blender placed in a "mason jar". For lunch I put it in a small 1/4 bowl and added a teaspoon of sour cream, placed in microwave and warmed for 1 min. AW it was so good!. And the Hot Spicy Cabbage was such a delight with the fruit. Great Mixure.The Norwegians Know how to Cook~

Rjaatt Replied:

The soups just keep getting better every day! The longer they sit in the frig the better they get. I had a nice salad and 3 glasses of water. You've lost 51 lbs. You've been dieting for 41 days. Its amazing how all this exercising and stuffing myself, I am so full with healthy foods is shedding off the pounds quickly~ That is the different from a thin, fit person compared to a extremely over weight person. We lose Massive Weight!

Bowl sizes: I personally use: Melamine Oriental Dinnerware
3½" Fruit Bowl, 1 oz./ 4-3/8" Rice Bowl, 8 oz./ 7½" Soup Bowl, 27 oz./ 8¾" Salad Bowl, 45 oz. with 3.25-, 8.75-, Glass for water only! for a Dinner plate - 6" x 6 3/4" Oval plate Chinese Melamine

154 Calories and yet I eat so much food and veggies, fruits, and water!
Breakfast, Lunch (I'm too full to eat snack today)

Oatmeal Quick Quaker Oat
30 Calories

[Water, Bottled, Generic]
0 Calories
Serving Size: 1 fl oz Servings: 3 - z glasses

[Potato, Baked, with Skin]
26 Calories
Serving Size: 1 oz Servings: 1 6" x 6 3/4" Oval plate

[Sour Cream, Fat Free (Lucerne)]
2 Calories
Serving Size: 1 tbsp Servings: 0.125

[Salad - Fresh Express Iceberg Garden]
13 Calories
Serving Size: 6 oz Servings: 0.33 - 8¾" Salad Bowl, 45 oz.

[Soup, Sweet Russian Cabbage (Homemade)]
39 Calories
Serving Size: One Serving (.5 cups) Servings: 0.25 -7½" Soup Bowl, 27 oz

[Fruit Salad, H2o Pk, Sol & Liquids] Fruit Soup! closes I could get.
18 Calories
Serving Size: 1 cup Servings: 0.25 - 4-3/8" Rice Bowl, 8 oz

[Water, Bottled, Generic]
0 Calories
Serving Size: 1 fl oz Servings: 3

[Cheese, Shredded Light Mozza-Cheddar - Kraft]
8 Calories
Serving Size: .25 cup Servings: 0.125 - sprinkled on

[Pimento Stuffed Green Olives]
6 Calories
Serving Size: 3 Olives Servings: 0.125

[Squash Yellow]
3 Calories
Serving Size: 1 cup Servings: 0.125 Shredded

[Squash Zucchini]
4 Calories
Serving Size: 1 Squash Servings: 0.125 Shredded

[Carrots]
4 Calories
Serving Size: 3 oz Servings: 0.125 Shredded

[Celery]
1 Calories
Serving Size: 1 Stalk Servings: 0.125 Shredded

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.