JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Do you Exercise to your Computer/TV?

Rjaatt

Individuals age 55 and over spent more of their leisure time watching TV, reading, and relaxing and thinking. Adults who watch television for three hours a day have a greater chance of being obese than those who engage in exercising 1 hour in front of the TV watching a series of shows. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average American spends around 2.7 hours watching TV per day, which adds up to almost 20 hours per week in total. 361,000 people watched TV per hr. in the USA. So Turn on that TV and START EXERCISING: There are exercises to do while watching TV. You can burn 300 to 1000 calories or more during your favorite programs.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics tracks how Americans spend their time, and it turns out we spend 38 minutes a day "socializing and communicating," basically hanging with our friends on-line; 17 min participating in sports, exercise, and recreation; and 19 minutes reading. Netflix subscribers watch Netflix 100 minutes per day.. Secondly, it is so much easier to put in 20 minutes of exercise when you wake up, or between arriving home from work before dinner or exercising 30min after dinner or a hour while watching TV. Give it a try tonight you just might lose those pounds after-all.

Rjaatt Replied:

Yesterday I did two sets of 30min of the Stepper in-front of the computer/which is my tv. I burned over 700calories.

It would be nice if You would Join me in this May Craze for Step Aerobics... come join me and Tell me what show you watched and how long you worked out in front of your TV or Computer Screen! Let's Burn those Calories together! Jazzercise, XP90-,

9 Exercise DVDs That Are Perfect for Seniors

Leslie Sansone: Belly Blasting Walk. ...
Stronger Seniors Stretch and Strength Chair Exercise Program. ...
Relax into Yoga. ...
Qi Gong for Seniors. ...
Healing Movements System. ...
Sit and Be Fit: Easy Fitness for Seniors. ...
Older and Wiser Workout for Seniors and Active Older Adults.

fitnessblender Has Free Videos to work out with!
The Best Free Workout Videos on YouTube

Rjaatt Replied:

Start Monday off with a Fitness Plan: Make "MAY" the best "Month" Ever!
5am exercise: walking/jog- Water z with each meal or exercise.
7am Oatmeal-flaxseed 1/4 bowl, Goat milk in oatmeal or buttermilk- Berries 1/4 bowl, Water#3
8am exercise- 1.0 Mile Happy Walk Walk at Home Walking Workout YOUTUBE : Water#1
9am Breakfast, Fruit Soup 1/4 bowl, Cabbage soup 3/4bowl, Steamed Veggies, Orange- Water#3
10am exercise- Everyday with Richard Simmons: Intro/ Diner, Water#1
11am Snack, Salad w Green Olives#3, Coby Cheese Sprinkle, Blue cheese Sprinkle on top.
12pm exercise- Lisa's Jazzercise youtube Water#1
1pm Lunch, Cabbage Soup 3/4bowl, Flatbread or Tortilla, Steamed Veggies,-Water#3
2pm exercise- Moving with Susan Powter (1994)/or Jane Fonda s Lean Routine file 1 of 2
3pm Snack (last meals 2:30-3:00pm). Grapefruit- Water#3 this is to flush out and digest food!
4pm-7pm- Meditation /Yoga/ Stretching/ Floor Exercising/ Youtube or Weight Lifting:Water#1
3 HOURS Relaxing Music "Evening Meditation" Background for Yoga, Massage, Spa [YOUTUBE]
8pm BED Good NIGHT! To lose weight one must dedicate themselves to making it happen~
all the diets in the world will do nothing unless you put the "ENERGY INTO LOSING IT".

Rjaatt Replied:

Burn 600 Calories in a 60-Minute Workout With Jeanette Jenkins

Rjaatt Replied:

Latin Dance Fitness, Beginners 1
Latin Dance Aerobic Workout
Zumba Dance Workout For Beginners Step By Step With Music l Zumba Dance New l Just New
DESPACITO - Zumba Fitness - Luis Fonsi ft Daddy Yankee
SHAPE OF YOU - Ed Sheeran - Alejandro Angulo's choreography
Dahil sayo dance practice
20-minute Sample Workout for Older Adults from Go4Life
A Healthy Life - Chair Exercise

Well there are tons of choices, you can just search for the one's that fit your life style and your weight program. Since I am NOW! 239lbs as of today, I am getting just a little more Braver to try new things. {Locked in a Mind is really hard it limits us to no end!} The great thing about Alzheimer is I don't have the time to waste- so I have to just GO FOR IT NOW!

Beth Replied:

The May craze for step aerobics?

I just turned 59 on April 10th and I do need to get moving.
My first choice is walking, but in order to get a nice walk in, I would like to get out of this trailer park.

Tomorrow, I am checking out a park close to where my car is being repaired.
Downloaded an audio book about mini habits, ready to walk while my 14 year old car gets repaired.

Rjaatt Replied:

That is wonderful BETH, but remember your Front-room is a great place to get started, using your TV or computer: Look up some of the videos I have left like "Walk a Mile" you can do it right in your front room 3 times a day and get your heart rate up. and While you are looking for a park make sure you bring water, a washcloth for sweat, throat lozenges, and 2lb hand weights for protection and arm strength. Make sure you have a Cellphone and Never bring money on a walk, Make sure there are not a lot of bushes or Bunched up trees make it open. Make sure their are bathrooms, and never drink out of a fountain. Make sure you have a water bottle.

Hint, the Sauna Suit will burn 3times to 5times more fat from your body, I have just started it, and if you want to really lose the skin fat, add plastic wrap with coconut oil and Vit E oil, then wrap over with Ace Bandages. This will not only tighten your skin, make it soft and healthy it will also help shed those pounds. This is what I am doing, to lose weight.

You have a nice day and a wonderful time, check in and give me a update on your progress. your on the right track and so am I.

Rjaatt Replied:

I stopped driving a year ago, My car was traded in so my Son in law and Daughter could get New Car and Truck. Since my "hearing and eyesight and Alzheimer" it's probably best I don't drive on the roads. Alzheimer's get lost just walking a mile or 3 miles, LOL

Rjaatt Replied:

Leftovers (2017) Netflix, What a heart breaking show but it is so TRUE!

Rjaatt Replied:

My body is finally starting to feel the exercising: its like a its telling me "HAY WE ARE ALIVE". Stretch more, walk more. I can now Bend and touch my toes, I can make a Wide V shape with my legs sitting on the floor, I can do sit ups 25 of them at ease, I can jump and stay in rhythm. I am waking up wanting to exercise and my mind is "NOT TALKING ME OUT OF IT". instead it is encouraging me to get up, get dressed, put on that sauna suit and start moving.

Pedometer Steps 3:20am If you can't sleep the get your butt up and out of bed and Exercise! P.s. remember I go to bed at 7:30pm so I had 8hrs sleep! Steps: 10560 Calories Burned: 3842

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.