JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

desperate and ready for change.

Denise

I'm a typical yo yo dieter. Start , last a few weeks an go back to my normal self. I have basically given up and feel horrible about myself. I cant stand passing by a mirror because i'm always like omg who is that hideous person there. My normal weight was always 125-145 pounds. I'm embarrassed to say i have ballooned up to 119 pounds. I'm commited to giving up carbs because that seems to be the best that my body responds too. Could use all the support i can get. If i tell my story to others i feel it makes me feel more motivated because i dont want to let people down. I have about 60 pounds i want to lose. Gonna start looking at small goals though. I always start out so strong and lose really fast and then get discouraged a few weeks into it when i hit a platau. Here's to staying strong and goal focused

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Welcome, Denise, and all the best to you as you learn your way around here! If you are interested, the ODAT messages are for anyone and everyone to state wellness intentions just a day at a time, and the CDOP is a fun thread for tracking how many days in a row you can stay on track. Do what sounds great to you!

Lyn Replied:

Welcome Denise! My best advise to give you is to stick around here even when you hit those rough patches. It is so easy to "disappear" and go off the rails, I find that if I show up here it helps me to be accountable and I know I am with people who understand. There are many low carbers here, we all walk our own path but we are in it together! Good luck on your journey!

Penny Replied:

Hi, Denise. I've been on here for a month, and I'm losing SUPER SLOW, but I'm sticking with the program because these people here are awesome!! I just KNOW I'm going to get it right sometime, and even though I've been up and down several times, too, I am determined to make this work! I was on vacation last week, but I'm back now so stay visible and let these people inspire you! Good luck!

Aunt Jan Replied:

HI Denise, today is my tenth day on program. I am doing Linda Spangle's book, "100 Days of Weight Loss". It gives me something to do every day so I don't get bored. I am going to do the complete 100 days, over 3 months. Today's assignment was to repeat often "I am doing it"

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Welcome Denise and stay strong. A lot of us here have struggled. I love this group we encourage each other.
I too have done a lot of Yo-yo, I guess life happens.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.