JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

One Day At A Time Saturday 6/23/18

Jeanne- CE!

Early greetings to most of you! What's on the wellness agenda for this fine day?

I am posting this forward in order to get out the door at the crack of ourselves in the morning! Gary and I made it to Estes Park EARLY Friday after getting up at 3:15am, but at least it was for a fun reason! Because the weather is supposed to be great tomorrow, we are planning a major hike for us, with a 3200 ft elevation gain. We have done this one before six years ago and loved it, so we're going to jump in and see what happens!

Lyn Replied:

It is party day! I love throwing parties...not so much attending them. And this is my third day of all day socializing...not my jam. I am exhausted. SO right now I am hiding in the camper to get a little alone time before the swarms begin to arrive. It's been around 45 people up until this point, now it will go up to around 300. And they all know me because I am the boss's wife and I have to make small talk and be funny and most people don't realize how hard that is for me. BUT we have a great group of people here so I will suck it up and mingle my ass off. After I finish hiding for a while. It is going to be a great day!

Gwen Replied:

You are a hoot Lyn. You will do well! Enjoy the crowds!

kc Replied:

Packing and keeping it Keto. Hope to finish the kitchen today. This is day 3 for just that one room!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Lyn, you're a crackup! I can just see it! kc, so proud of you for the progress you're making!

We've had a great day here. G and I did do the hike; slow as molasses but we did it. We did not do the last steep climb, but the hike was still about 10 miles with a 2400 ft elevation gain. Temps at the top were in low 50s and very windy. We almost turned around several times but kept putting one foot in front of the other. We were tired anyway, but no way did I want to do one more steep climb in those conditions today. This TX girl looked like Nanook of the North before it was all said and done-lol!

kc Replied:

Way to go Jeanne!

Lyn Replied:

Super impressive Jeanne!

I am done for the night! I did it! I know my husband appreciates it, I had to talk to sooo many people. I lived through it, Tomorrow will be easier, the load out and heading back home. It was a great party, we are blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. Life is good.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.