JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Daily "Life Hacks" - 06/06/2018

Time Out (Alex)

Did you know that eating guacamole can make you happier? Avocados help boost serotonin level in the brain.

by Life Hacks

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Love, love this. I'm eating some fresh Avocado slices with my grilled chicken as we speak for lunch and it's just so yummy!
Oh and I'm happier too!

Lyn Replied:

I will have to agree with this whole heartedly.

Gwen Replied:

I am trying to ripen two avocados just now!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Avocado is a food group of itself in my book!

Aunt Jan Replied:

I have never had an avocado - what does it taste like?

Lyn Replied:

creamy deliciousness

Gwen Replied:

I agree with Lyn, it is really delicious. I use it on salads but also make a creamy low carb chocolate mousse with it that is dairy free, sugar free and very tasty.

Diane Replied:

Wow, I love them but didn't realize this. I need to incorporate more

Gwen Replied:

Look what came into my inbox today - 9 ways to use avocado

https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2017/06/01/avocado-recipes-healthy/

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Aunt Jan,
Instead of Cheese or mayo, put some avocado on a sandwich. It not only makes us happier, I think the food is happier too!

Lyn Replied:

It's just tricky to get them at the right stage of ripeness. It's a short window. LOL

Lyn Replied:

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

LOL! So true! I buy mine still hard so hopefully I can enjoy them.

Cedric Replied:

Great food for a low carb diet, at least after Atkins 20. Myself, I purchase the guacamole single-serving packs because lazy! (:

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I like eating my avocados fresh like it's a piece of fruit as a snack!

I like make my own guacamole, I don't like the store bought as much. I'll do it, if I'm desperate for it. However I usually stick buying them whole and doing what I want with it.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.