JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

I'm Back!

Joan

I was active on here a few years ago - some of you might even remember me . Lost over 100 pounds following the Paleo diet. Then it stopped working for me and it seemed like I had to eat almost nothing to lose any more weight. Finally, I just gave up. Of course, whenever I give up, the weight comes piling back on! I re-gained all but about 35 pounds. I tried a few things after that but never with any success. So, I really did give up. But, in May of this year I was talking to one of my doctors and I told him I had given up because of all the many, many, many things I've tried to lose weight, nothing led to permanent weight loss. He said, "Please don't give up. Try the Keto diet." I told him I would consider it. Went home and started researching everything I could find on Keto and decided to give it a go. I started on June 2, 2018 and so far I have lost 29.4 pounds - that makes me happy. I decided it was time to get back on SYD!

Gwen Replied:

Hi Joan, welcome back! It is so good to see you again and congrats on losing almost 30 pounds! Since you were last on SYD I have found keto too and it truly works for me. Please let us know how you are doing because we can learn from each other.

Lyn Replied:

Welcome back Joan! Great to see you again!

Joan Replied:

Hi Gwen, it's good to be back! I'm glad you have found Keto as well, it is so much simpler, more effective, and healthier than anything I've tried before. It will be great to share info with each other - there's so much Keto information out there that it sometimes makes my head spin. But I'm gradually settling in to the version of Keto that works best for me.

Joan Replied:

Thanks, Lyn - it is good to be back. Hope you are doing well!

Cathy Replied:

Hi Joan, I am just new to this site, but congrats on the weight loss.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Hi Joan, welcome back!

Joan Replied:

Thank you, Cathy and Jeanne!

shirl Replied:

I am a newbie here join the site 30 days ago. I am doing low carb for now. Thinking about keto. I have lost 8.8 lb since joining. I have less cravings now for carb. I am so thankful for that. I understand just what it is to give up and have that don't care attitude. I am so glad I found the site. I believe it will help keep me motivated.

Cathy Replied:

Congrats on the weight loss Shirl - I struggle everyday - some worse than others - what really gets me is when the scale goes up, and I have been good. Have a great day

shirl Replied:

Yes Cathy the scales can be very disappointing. I keep hearing a lot of people say ditch the scales but that is so hard for me to do. Thanks for the encouragement.

Cheryl Replied:

Hi Keto guys! I've been ketoing for about 9 weeks, lost about 9 lbs, doing it a bit slower but having so much fun with the food choices, recipes, etc. it's a blast! Feeling like I can DO this diet as there are so many choices - things we've been "restricting" for many years! Fats & fat, oils, nuts, meats, "rich" desserts, cheeses, and on and on ... Hope everyone else is having as much fun as meeeee!!

Cathy Replied:

Congrats Cheryl on your weight loss - why is it so much easier to gain and to lose? Have a great day, and keep up the good work.

Cheryl Replied:

Thanks Cathy. It's to give us something to do!! lol. What would we do with ourselves if we didn't have to battle the bulge!! lol.

Gwen Replied:

It is a battle losing weight but it is also fun! I love making keto recipes up and it works! My relationship with the scales is a love/hate relationship!

Joan Replied:

I have that same relationship with the scale, Gwen! But each morning, before I get on it, I remind myself that weight loss is not a straight line down, it's got bumps along the way! Now I'm down 31.2 total since my re-start, so I'm not complaining! KETO ON!

Cathy Replied:

Congrats Joan, that is great!

Joan Replied:

Thanks, Cathy!

Gwen Replied:

That is a great loss Joan, terrific! It encourages us all!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.