JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Low carb diets, good or bad?

Gwen

A study was in Lancet this week that low carb is not a healthy diet. In reading the small print the study was not helpful. The trouble is people believe what they read whether it is based on good science or not. When I read news of this study and the seeming results I simply knew in my gut that I did not agree with it at all.

Joan (purple heart) passed on a link from Dr Ken D Berry which I thought was well balanced and it says what he thinks of the lancet study, saying it far better than I could have - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce6eHcUOc4s

Lyn💛 Replied:

I think that low carb diets are good for some people and not good for others. We all have different chemical make-ups so it makes sense that we would all have different nutritional needs. I really do believe there is no one size fits all when it comes to food. If it works for you, if you feel healthy and good while doing it, then I say go for it!

Gwen Replied:

I totally agree Lyn. One of the things that attracted me to SYD in the first place is that we support each other no matter what plan we follow and we all do things so differently.

Cindy H. Replied:

I know a low carb diet is good for me.

Gwen Replied:

A low carb diet has got me off a treadmill that I was on for years, otherwise known as yoyo dieting. The weight would come off, the weight would go on and it was a never ending cycle. Not so nowadays. I have much more control of what I eat because my cravings have reduced. Also I love what I do eat and make a celebration of it by home cooking and tweaking recipes to suit our taste. Low carb is an adventure which I thoroughly enjoy!

Cheryl Replied:

Low carb totally agrees with me ... I read someone's observation the other day about having some carbs to get your weight loss going again if stalled - and I tried it out yesterday - and it worked! I haven't had any ice cream almost all of summer, had the last remote ice cream cone from the freezer, weight was down this morning even tho my macros were totally over yesterday!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.