JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Who is already keto/low carb or wants to try it?

Jeanne- CE!

I am planning to try low carb/keto for the month of September, and was just wanting to know the official count of those who are already committed to low carb in some form, or who, like me, just want to give it a test run.

I am definitely not trying to talk anyone into anything here! I find it true and love the fact that different plans work with different bodies, personalities, and schedules. I am trying low carb/keto as functional nutrition to see how my body responds to this wellness wise, as well as how it affects me emotionally. I will go with the flow, and tweak accordingly.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I won't be doing it myself but am oddly excited to follow along and see what everybody's experience is!

Gwen Replied:

I am doing keto Jeanne!

Joan Replied:

I started doing Keto in June and am now doing Keto/Carnivore. Finding it to be the easiest way of eating I have ever done!

Cindy H. Replied:

Me! Me! I've been on a bit of a slippery slope and need to get back to my low carb roots!

Cheryl Replied:

I've been doing Keto since early June. Love it. Have lost over 10lbs, but due to a couple meds I take, am doing a "slower" version ...

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am ready to do this right if I am going to do it! This is day 3 of keto/low carb. I am not calculating every little thing due to some OCD tendencies and the fact that I am not addicted to carbs, am at goal weight, am in excellent health, and have a house guest who is a holistic chiropractor, kiniseologist, and nutritionist. This is a joyful adventure!

I am all set with "fast food" ready to go, that I have prepped in advance. Omelet ingredients are sauteed, stored, and ready to toss in; 90 second bread dry ingredients are individually assembled; keto bread and pancakes are made; raw veggies are cleaned; pimento cheese, peanut butter, berry compote, and cauliflower soup are made; healthy fats, hard boiled eggs, and easy-cook veggies are on hand.

Here's to living joyfully in lifelong wellness!

Gwen Replied:

Your menu sounds wonderful Jeanne!

kc Replied:

I am trying to follow Maria Emmerich's way of eating keto. I have several of her cookbooks and just purchased the information based one titled 'Keto.'

Gwen Replied:

I have that book KC and it is excellent.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I joined the facebook group, and am enjoying menus on diet doctor site. Tim, our house guest, has a couple of books that have recipes and info. So far I am just doing the eating plan and not learning every little nuance. This is not love at first sight for me, but I am eating lots of delicious food, and I will stick to this plan for the month to see how my body responds. I was already eating squeaky clean and pretty low carb, so the transition has been pretty smooth. It's all about wellness and what works best for each of us!

Great to have you back, kc!

kc Replied:

Great to be back . Starting to get my life somewhat back in a temporary order. I have The 30 Day Cleanse, Comfort Foods, Restaurant book, Keto Adapted, and Keto by Maria Emmerich. I'm not counting macros right now. Just keeping carbs low and eating only Keto approved foods. And it's working. This has been a very difficult stressful move and I have maintained my weight for the last 2 months. Keto On.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am still doing keto, without measuring or calculating, and maintaining my weight about a pound or so below goal, and am not trying to lose more, but am interested to see how my body responds as the month goes on. I do feel heavier than the scale says. I did have blood work done and my glucose was 70 at the time.

The main reason that my doctor friend and current housemate likes keto is for the body to stop insulin production that makes the body not only age, but become more susceptible to cancer, heart disease, and diabetes; and of course to burn body fat as needed.

What is your experience wellness-wise of going on and off low carb/keto? I am enjoying the food but would prefer to eat more produce.

kc Replied:

Wow, my husband is joining me on the Keto Way of Life. Not for weightloss but for health. He is bi-polar 2 and we are both praying this helps. Now to make the meals interesting so he doesn't change his mind.

Gwen Replied:

Fantastic news KC. It will be easier with both of you doing it.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

kc, I will pray as well that this helps with your situation; and Gwen, good to "see" you again!

I am enjoying the recipes and health related links on the diet doctor website. I have found the keto recipes delicious, and dinner guests have loved them as well. I have stuck strictly to this so far, and will continue on through the month. I definitely like the low carb plan- which I was already doing anyway- but probably not strict keto for life for me. Still the diet doctor site has many low carb recipes that are not keto per se.

It's all about Light, Love, and wellness for life! Joyfully discover your life plan, and live it!

kc Replied:

Jeanne, I need to have another look at the Diet Doctor. It has been a while. Keto sites can differ greatly. I love ketoconnect.net for their down to earth fun "lazyish" Keto style. But for repairing your metabolism, I like Maria Emmerich's and Martina Slajerova's sites.

Gwen Replied:

I love the resources we learn about on SYD. Now to go and check them out, thanks everyone!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am gradually transitioning back to adding in more plant based choices at the recommendation of my nutritionist/holistic chiropractor/housemate Dr. Tim. I have been very low carb up to this point, and will continue to keep it low carb, but not quite so low. Even with professional supervision, I am experiencing worsening muscle spasms, and slower digestion than what is optimal. It is amazing what different things work for each of us!

kc Replied:

Sounds like a good plan Jeanne. We are each an experiment of one and need to discover what works best for ourself. When you do go Keto, you need to supplement with magnesium and potassium or you do get Charlie horses.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

@kc thanks for the info! I do supplement with those things and more, but my body is just not loving quite so low carb of a plan for some reason. I love the keto recipes, and love the LCHF plan, just not quite so low.

Gwen Replied:

Jeanne, there is no doubt your body is telling you to change things! I hope the tweaking goes well!

Lorna Replied:

Hey. I started keto a while back and then a family emergency turned my life upside down and I spent every waking second caring for my husband..today I'm caring for me and started keto way of eating again this morning

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.