JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 MORE Days Day 1 Saturday

Jeanne- CE!

Day 1: Others have done it. Thoughts?

Lyn💛 Replied:

I need to cultivate a believe that I can do this. I try my hardest to be positive but I have limiting beliefs in the back of my mind and I need to work on changing this.

kc Replied:

Others have done it and I HAVE too. I have lost 56 pounds since I start SYD 8 years ago. Oh my word, that is a long time! I lose a little, then maintain a while, lose a little, maintain. There has been some yoyoing for sure. Slow and steady wins the race in s true. Though I haven't won the race yet, I am getting there. Let's do this!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Yes, any given individual can definitely do this! For me it has been a matter of wellness consistency- as in almost all of the time: following a plan that I loved and could joyfully do for life, facing and turning from the "giants" aka the wellness vampires that I have allowed in the past to repeatedly suck the life out of me, being aware that getting to goal is not the end of the journey and to keep committed to my wellness at goal and beyond, establishing the best chosen family ever, surrounding myself with positive and supportive people, like YOU!

kc Replied:

Jeanne, I like "getting to goal is not the end of the journey." So true, this is about getting healthy and staying healthy for the rest of your life. That is why it is so important to find a way of eating that you can maintain and enjoy for life.

Tyme4me Replied:

I Need to tell myself remind myself convince myself that others have done it, I had done it and I can do this!

Denise Replied:

For a lifestyle, I still allow myself the occasional "treat" of maybe a bag of chips, some pizza and maybe candy (jury is still out on that) but basically I made a switch over to at least a minimum 80/20 God-made foods like healthy fish, meat, vegetables, potatoes (yes,even the white ones), fruit, nuts and seeds. So far, it's working because I feel so much better already (not so sluggish).

Lyn💛 Replied:

I found, when I really cleaned up my diet, that the sweets and stuff were not as appealing to me anymore. I allow it every once in a while but find I usually don't want it now. Once you get used to eating good foods your pallet changes.

Phyllis Replied:

I have done the yo-yo dieting my whole adult life. At this point I am just trying to keep the weight off so I never need to start over again.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.