JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Who has been a winner?

Sue Ellen

Ok. I know some of you are tired of my posting of my journey however this morning I realize I not only need to go to GOD but to those who have had success in losing weight.
I am getting much older and I admit here today I am a GLUTTON ! I love ice cream a lot and have become addicted to Cheetos the crunchy ones. I find the hardest time is from 7PM - 10PM when I am in bed watching reality shows or movies. I have told myself no more food in bedroom, don't buy anymore ice cream etc. yet what do I do but buy everything wrong. I need help ! I am afraid on how I am feeling and with a re-scheduled mamo and ultrasound x-ray and a tooth extraction with implant, I need to be healthier. So, for anyone who would give me suggestions or what may be their secrets to success I will read. I'm 70, 4'10" handicap in feet, can use a stationery bike but no jumping etc. for exercise routine. Thanks to those who read and respond. God bless.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Hi Sue Ellen! A lot of people have success with low carb or keto, it is notorious for eliminating cravings. My body does well with intermittent fasting where I only eat between the hours of 10 and 6, for me that works well at eliminating cravings. You can make your eating window any time that works for you. There are many different approaches to take, it is just a matter of finding what works for you! The biggest thing is that you never give up, you can do this, I know you can!

Gwen Replied:

I so agree with what Lyn says Sue Ellen. Cravings are cripping and to find a way to not eat in the evenings would be so healthy for you. Keep us posted so we can support you as you lose weight!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Thanks for your replies ladies.... Tonight I had my husband take me back to our grocery store and returned, yes returned 8 small ice cream cups, 2 Friendlies hot fudge sundaes and 1 Fudge Swirl 1/2 gallon ice cream. The cups were 10 for $10 on sale, the other were $1.00 each and the gallon was $2.50. They had not been opened so thought I would begin. Now I must watch for any substitutions right? Will see how I do. Taking each day one day at a time.

Lyn💛 Replied:

One day at a time is the way to go. You've got this!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Had another loss this morning. The ice cream we had opened is now gone. Now to not buy anymore. My mind set is trying to stay focus this time more than ever. As it says in the new book that is out, "Others have done it.... so can I" . Today is a new day to make better choices again.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Just checked my Goal Tracker and I am on target....

Lyn💛 Replied:

Woo hoo, good for you Sue Ellen!

Gwen Replied:

Fantastic Sue Ellen!

Denise Replied:

Personally, if I wanted ice-cream I would have some but not bring it in the house. I have a monthly burrito meal and a soon-to-be monthly salad trio meal. It lasts for 3 days too. I was getting it on Fridays but am switching it up to once a month. This is one example of how to change things. I am switching over to an alkaline "diet" Last night, I had a pizza with my daughter. It was a wheat crust. I could have had some for breakfast but I opted for my sprouted grain English muffin instead This was a change for me. As a Christian, I am depending on Jesus to help me and He is. He is helping me change my mind on certain things. He is teaching me progress and not perfection. He even told me He doesn't love me for my performance. He loves me for me.

One thing that will help immensely is shut the TV off and pick up your Bible and read. You won't be tempted by the food commercials for sure.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Sue Ellen, I never get tired of people here posting about their journeys. That's why we're here and why I stay. My low to high adult weight has a range of about 90 pounds! I have been maintaining my healthy goal weight range for eight years now; but before that, for about 30 years, I felt like I fell prey to every diet pitfall that there ever was or could be, and like I would never get out from under my family of origin issues. I am of very strong Christian faith, and that has been the foundation of my healing. I am also fortunate to now be surrounded by a loving husband for the past 30 years, and an inner circle of chosen family who love and support me unconditionally. I love the support of this site as well, and because of the connection here, I finally got to goal and have stayed there. To this day, I connect deeply with people; take things a day, meal, or choice at a time; get right back to my life plan of wellness when (not if!) I wobble or fall; forgive myself and move on when life happens and my wellness plans do not pan out; decide which indulgences are worth it and enjoy the heck out of them very occasionally and in moderation; always try to live life joyfully to the fullest!

Sue Ellen Replied:

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.