JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Have you done the 100 Days of Weight Loss Journal?

Rjaatt

Good Morning, How many of you have done the 100 Days of Weight Loss Journal?

I read it the first time I was here and I have been doing the chapters; Have you done these?
Step One - Choose your best diet plan
Step Two - Do your plan for 100 days
Step Three - Track your progress

Have you Created a Create a vision for the future? and are you living that vision right now? How long has it been since you personally last read this book and did what it asked you to do?

Lots of Questions today? You don't have to answer them they are only for you to know the Truth!
If you chose to answer them then Great others can Learn from your Experiences. ...

What this Book Taught me: Day 51 What is emotional eating? I can not be Honest with myself! I am 1000% a Emotional Eater, when someone says something and I REACT... I EAT... this thing inside of me, get Triggered and I run as fast as I can and I eat, like MASSIVE EAT. I can't control it. Then I learned to Tame it... Thanks Linda... I still over eat... but I understand why! and I can STOP my self and go find something to do that is more rewarding then punishing myself in the end

What chapter means the most to you? and Why?

Lyn💛 Replied:

I never finished the first one but several of us just went through the second one and there were a lot of gems in there. Great stuff!

Rjaatt Replied:

Hi, Lyn, May I ask why you didn't finish it, was it the reading of the book? was it just boring? was it dragging on. or did you just have too much too do and didn't have the time?

Like I said, I had to Read it SEVERAL Times... I think Linda Wrote it and then Publisher came in and changed it. Like when your watching a tv series and then a new director takes over or writer... Or maybe.

Personally a Lot of People who over eat have changing moods, and I could feel her moods changing through out the book, from calm days to aggravated, or frustrated, or excited, or even angry. This seemed to be a norm through out all the books. So it was like hitting tidal waves all the time. She must have worked very hard on these books...

Thanks for Sharing... Well the Rain ended last night, so back out to pull more weeds and shovel more dirt. Its my exercise burning lots of calories.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I just have a bad habit of starting things and not finishing them. LOL

Phyllis Replied:

I have been thru the lessons in 100 Days book twice and made a placemat (plastic covered) of the lessons that spoke to me.
I'm joining a group in Sparkpeople.com to go thru the 100 More Days book. It begins Monday, March 4, Monday to Friday with weekends to catch up if necessary.
I will always credit Linda's books with stopping my years of yo-yo dieting.

Rjaatt Replied:

It takes 3,500 calories equals about 1 pound (0.45 kilogram) of fat, or pound.

if you cut about 500 calories a day you will lose 1 pound a week = 3,500 calories

So if you eat a 2000 calories - 500 calories a day you will lose 1 pound a week. (Home cooked)

if you cut about 1,000 calories a day you will lose 2 pounds a week = 7,000 calories

So if you eat a 3000 calories - 1000 calories a day you will lose 2 pounds a week (Home & Fast)

if you cut about 3,500 calories a day you will lose 3 pounds a week = 24,500 calories

So if you eat a 5000 calories - 3,500 calories a day you will lose 3 pounds a week. (fast food)

Rjaatt Replied:

A person who weighs 255 pounds burns approximately 410 calories per hour when walking 3.5 miles per hour.

A person who weighs 155-pound person can expect to lose one pound for every 11.3 miles walked.

A person who weighs 175-pounds would have to walk a total of 1047 miles to lose 65 pounds, or 4.5 miles a day for 267 days.

Rjaatt Replied:

I use to weight myself every day, My mother taught me this, Then during my marriage one day my scale broke it just din't work any longer, I asked for a new one but my ex husband said I din't need it. I bet he regreated that later for I ended up in one year gaining 50lbs. I went from 127lbs to 178lbs and then I hit 210lbs. Funny thing is he went out and bought me a scale. LOL wonder why?

I remember my mother putting me on Dexatrim, when I was a teenager! to lose weight, Sad but very true, My mother was only 123lbs even in there mid 40s she had always been skinny. While my dear sister was like 101lbs and always skinny (blond). anyway.. So here I was Big Boned and I weighed 157lbs. They could not understand why I was so much Bigger then the both of them.
Even after they both had children, I was still bigger then them...

My father use to tease me a lot for my weight an work me very hard running up and down 2 and 3 story stares with 2x4s on my shoulders sometimes 3 on each shoulder. He was a carpenter and so I grew up on a construction site. He was always having me Dig Holes, or carry bricks or have me get something from down stairs forcing me to go up and down them while Yelling! "Hurry up slow poke we don't have all day!".

While my mother and sister were both waitress and was always rushing around, it was like speedy gonzols on the cartoons.. zipping around. I couldn't keep up and I would be left sometimes getting lost.

What did Iearn? Be fast, Quick! Get it done! or you get left behind.

Rjaatt Replied:

You are on lesson 16 of 28 and have completed 53.6% of the total lessons.
Program Lessons
âœ" Lesson 1: What's Wrong with My Scale?
âœ" Lesson 2: The Scale Is My Enemy
âœ" Lesson 3: No More Drama
âœ" Lesson 4: To Weigh or Not to Weigh? (Quiz)
âœ" Lesson 5: Go Ahead and Toss the Scale
âœ" Lesson 6: Keep Your Scale -- It's OK
âœ" Lesson 7: The Games We Play
âœ" Lesson 8: Using the "Right" Scale
âœ" Lesson 9: What Affects the Scale
âœ" Lesson 10: Scale Myths and Beliefs
âœ" Lesson 11: Seven Scale Guidelines
âœ" Lesson 12: Healthy Scale Talk
âœ" Lesson 13: Who Owns Your Weight?
âœ" Lesson 14: When to Stay Off the Scale
âœ" Lesson 15: The Dreaded Doctor's Scale

Rjaatt Replied:

Dear Journal: Today I went into the Kitchen and on the Calendar was a Big Award! for my grandchild! However it was for Coding and She gets a PIZZA! I know she wanted to show me in her own way/or her Father/Mother wanted to show it off... anyway it was the Big Picture of the Pizza! that focused my eyes on it. So I Turned it over and got my Water/Drinks for the day! She will notice it and realize I saw it...anyway! Out of Site out of MIND...

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.