JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Pick ONE! 10 Most Popular Ethnic Cuisines

Rjaatt

What is your most Favorite? or Pick more then one or Pick them all!

Below are the Top 10 Most Popular Ethnic Cuisines in the United States right now.

Chinese 76% ...
Mexican 74% ...
Italian 71% ...
Japanese or sushi 32%
Greek 32% ...
French 26% ...
Thai 24% ...
Spanish 22% ...
Indian 19%
Mediterranean 16%

1. All This week I'm eating Indian Curry Foods!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Mediterranean! ☺

flower Replied:

Midwestern American Cuisine

Gwen Replied:

I cannot believe Mediterranean is so low on the list!

Rjaatt Replied:

Hi, Gwen, the reason why is because its a Caucasian race they are not that favored in the world in this generation. Growth in the Hispanic and Asian populations is predicted to almost triple over the next 40 years. By 2055, the breakdown is estimated to be 48% White, 24% Hispanic, 14% Asian, and 13% Black 7% other.

1-Day Mediterranean Meal Plan: 1,200 Calories
Breakfast (252 calories)
1 serving Fig & Ricotta Toast
A.M. Snack (61 calories)
2 plums
Lunch (374 calories)
1 serving Green Salad with Pita Bread & Hummus
P.M. Snack (64 calories)
1 cup raspberries
Dinner (456 calories)
1 serving Walnut-Rosemary Crusted Salmon
1/2 cup Basic Quinoa
1 cup Balsamic & Parmesan Broccoli
Daily Totals: 1,206 calories, 63 g protein, 144 g carbohydrates, 29 g fiber, 48 g fat, 1,550 mg sodium

Sharron (Slimrider) Replied:

I couldn't pick one! I generally eat Mediterranean or Greek style but I love the flavours of Chinese and Mexican and the indulgence of French sometimes. OOh and Indian - actually yes, if I had to pick just one it would be Indian, the spices and flavours but not the cooking methods. Low carb Indian

Rjaatt Replied:

Sharron, for this week, I took chickapeas dried, put them in a slow cooker, added veggie broth, spices and let cook for 3hrs, then added in 'Patak's Tastes Of India Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce'. That was my protein meal for the week, since I only eat 1/4 cup for breakfast and a 1/4cup for lunch. so I have enjoyed this week. LOL Placed in Mason Jars, Frig when needed since they are beans with spices, I can have them once or twice a week on my fasting. So I made 3 different types. for the Month.

I also made: Dried small red beans cooked the same way slow cooker for 3 to 4 hrs but this time I used 'Patak's Tastes Of India Simmer Sauce, Tikka Masala Curry. Placed in Mason Jars Frig

Then I took Lentil same process slow cooker 2hrs, and put in Pataks Simmer Sauce - Mango Curry. Placed in mason Jars, Frig

Sharron (Slimrider) Replied:

They all sound great, the chick peas especially! Thanks for sharing x

Rjaatt Replied:

Korean Foods healed my cancer 2's... the Fermented foods are really great for the body,
Kimchi a staple in Korean cuisine, is a famous traditional side dish made from salted and fermented vegetables, most commonly napa cabbage I like it 2 to 3months old.

I still ferment my fruits and veggies in infusion water. it really helps me lose the fat and cleans my liver, gallbladder, kidneys and blood.

Rjaatt Replied:

Here is a funny story about Mexican Food:

When I was preggers with my daughter ate Mexican foods the day before I was to Delver my daughter and it induced the labor. The next day I had a Drs apt at 12noon... Lol I walked in to the office they looked at me and said Lady Your going to have a baby. I was 5centermeters. LOL
the funny part is this I was 187lbs with my daughter... Ok

When I was preggers with my son ate Mexican food the day before I was to Delver my Son and it induced the labor. the next day I had a Drs. apt at 12noon... Lol I walked in and to the office they looked at me and and said Lady are you ready for a Son. I was 3 center-meters..
Now I was 178lbs with my son... LOL

it was like double everything. the only different was when I first had my daughter I was a vegetarian and I craved tuna and ice cream. I age salads and veggies and fruit every day.. she hated meat, but she loved pizza and sometimes chicken. LOL

while with my son i craved hotdogs and hamburgers and MEAT. after he was born I hated meat and I'm still not a fan of it... once in a while but that is that.. LOL

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.