JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 days restart - Day 7: I can do it!

Jenn J

Day 7: I can do it!

Whew! You've made it through the first week! How do you feel right now? A bit excited? Hopeful? Scared? You probably feel some level of all of these. If you've struggled with your weight in the past, you may also be afraid you'll repeat your same old patterns.

Kick those thoughts away! For the moment, squash your doubts about staying on your diet and exercise plan. Today, you are strong! You're invincible! And nothing can stop you! This time, you're going to do it!

Become your own cheerleader

To increase your success with this program, skyrocket your self-talk and create a strong belief you can do this. Become your own cheerleader, shouting out words of encouragement that will keep your motivation strong every single day.

To enhance your cheerleading, think about why you are so convinced you can be successful. Invent several phrases that reinforce your determination to stay on your plan for at least 100 days. Here are a few ideas to get you started:

1. I'm totally determined.

2. I've done it before and I can do it again.

3. I'm using a great weight-loss plan.

4. I'm capable of accomplishing anything.

5. Others have done it and so can I!

Recite these phrases every day, using them to reinforce your determination to make this program work.

Inspire yourself

Have you read any real-life stories about people who've lost a lot of weight and also maintained their success? Draw from these examples as well as from friends or colleagues who've accomplished phenomenal goals. Let these people inspire you and help keep you motivated to stick with your efforts. Tell yourself, "If they can do it, so can I."

Practice saying the words "I can do it!" over and over. Write them on sticky notes, and then post them on your mirror, your computer screen, and your car dash. Read them many times a day, maybe even 100 times. Push them deep into your mind and use them as a powerful affirmation that you will succeed with your plan.

TODAY'S TASKS
Tell yourself "I can do it" at least 10 times. Use this to cheerlead yourself through the entire day!

In your notebook, write "I can do it because..." then add a few supportive phrases such as "I'm capable of doing anything."

Read your phrases often, using them to reinforce your goals and build your enthusiasm.

Jenn J Replied:

Sorry I didn't post this early on Saturday. I spend Saturday and Sunday morning with my BF and go to work from his house. I don't have my computer with me at his house, so I wasn't able to post. Next week I will try to post the weekend reading on Friday's.

Lyn💛 Replied:

flower Replied:

Jenn J Replied:

I am capable of doing what I set my mind to do.
I have conquered cancer, I can lose weight!
I'm focused on a health future, and that means being accountable for my food intake.

Jenn J Replied:

Rjaat...
I had breast cancer in 2015. While going through chemo I took turmeric and 25000 iu's of D3 a day. These really helped the chemo attack my cancer. It went from 2.8cm to 1.3cm just before my surgery.

After stopping the chemo I found my body is intollerant to excess turmeric, and I was too high on D3, so I have cut back to 2000 iu a day. I have been taking B supplements most of my adult life as I know my maternal grandmother didn't absorb it very well.

My current concern is that my blood sugars have been staying between 100 and 120 on all lab tests done for followups with the oncologist. My focus right now, next appointment is May 2nd, is to reduce my sugar intake, see what weight I can lose, and hope my blood glucose goes down by then.

Thanks for sharing all your wisdom with us!!!

Jenn J Replied:

Rjaatt, I think this is a great story to share with others.

Thanks for sharing with us!!!

I will be try to make it this weekend.

HUGS!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.