JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 Days restart - Day 9: Here's what I want

Jenn J

Day 9: Here's what I want

Today you'll discover the secret to getting exactly what you want from all the support people in your life. But before you're able to let others know about the kind of support and encouragement you seek, you first have to decide what you want yourself.

In the quiz below, pick out the answers that fit best for you. Think carefully about your true preferences. Decide what motivates you as well as what frustrates you in your efforts. If the answers don't exactly fit for you, come up with some different ones that match your needs.

What I want from you

1. If you see me eating something that's not on my diet plan

___ Ask me, "Should you be eating that?"

___ Ignore it entirely

___ Ask me if I've had a bad day

___ Give me a hug

2. When I'm making progress, such as losing weight

___ Compliment me on how I look

___ Praise me in front of others

___ Never comment on my progress in front of others

___ Give me non-food gifts or rewards

3. When I'm struggling or gaining weight

___ Tell me you notice and really care about my struggle

___ Ignore it entirely

___ Hug me and show me extra affection

___ Ask me how you can help

4. When I'm making progress you can't see (such as improving my self-esteem)

___ Ask me how my efforts are going

___ Compliment me on how I look

___ Ignore my efforts and my changes

___ Give me non-food gifts or rewards

5. When I've maintained my weight (even though I may still want to lose more)

___ Tell me you are proud of my current efforts

___ Ignore the subject entirely

___ Ask me if I'm struggling or feeling discouraged

___ Compliment me on my looks and my efforts

TODAY'S TASKS
Complete this quiz, and then read your answers out loud to one of your support people such as your spouse or a good friend.

Post your answers on your refrigerator or in some other location where your support people can be reminded of what you want.

Write the most important answers in your journal for future reference

Lyn💛 Replied:

This is hard for me because if I have to tell someone how to respond to me then I feel like it isn't a genuine response so I wouldn't be happy with it anyway. LOL Plus, I don't tell anyone I am trying to lose weight anyway so...

flower Replied:

I see this as we all have different Love languages and being on a plan of wellness for life is a form of love for the sacredness of health and life and if I can respect that and let the people around me know what my language is we all win ~~~~

Jenn J Replied:

Rjaat....if I could I would give you a hug today. We all need to feel like someone cares.

For me, it's not about others acknowledging my success or struggle (but it used to be). Now it's about me being aware of myself and what's right for me. While I still look for confirmation from those I'm closest to, my past insecurity had me seeking confirmation from those that are less important to me.

After my cancer, my mothers stroke, my fathers heart surgery, my accident and surgery, I have learned what is really important to me. And that's my own recognition of my accomplishments, not getting recognition from others. While it is great to hear from others, my self opinion is what matters most.

Jenn J Replied:

Rjaatt

YOU WILL! I feel that this is just the beginning of your next journey in life.

You know now....we are here for you! We can be your support family and help you find your path.

Do you do buddy chats?

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.