JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 Days restart - Day 3: Do it anyway

Jenn J

Post your confirmation, your tasks, or just discuss the days reading.

Jenn J Replied:

I don't feel like exercising today! Does this sound familiar? Then what happens? Do you push yourself and exercise in spite of not feeling like it? Or do you give in and hang out on the couch because you don't feel like making the effort?

Right now, you may be solidly committed to your goals. But what happens when you don't feel like cooking healthy meals or following your diet plan? If you aren't careful, you can easily slide back from being committed to just interested.

Committed means do it anyway

You don't usually wait until you feel like going to work. You just go. The same thing is true for visiting your mother or changing dirty diapers. Because you consider these things to be important, you do them regardless of how you feel at the moment.

In the same way, you don't have to feel like working on your weight-loss plan to stick with your program. To improve your commitment, learn to focus on your actions, not just your feelings. On days you're not in the mood for exercising or eating right, tell yourself to do it anyway.

Then skip the leftover cake and eat your fruit instead. Get up off the couch and put on your workout shoes. If you're really committed to your goals, you'll make these choices no matter what, regardless of whether you feel like it or not. Each day, take a few steps that will move you forward, even if you don't feel like it. Remember that when you're truly committed, you do it anyway.

Here's a summary of the differences between people who are interested in their goals compared to those who are committed.

People who are interested in losing weight

1. Stick with it until something better comes along

2. Take action only if they "feel like" doing it

3. Need to see results in order to stay motivated

4. Blame people or circumstances for their struggles

5. Easily give up when they face challenges

People who are committed to losing weight

1. Stick with their plans no matter what

2. Take action whether they feel like doing it or not

3. Assume that if they stay motivated, results will follow

4. Take responsibility for their own actions

5. Keep going in spite of challenges and setbacks

Daily Tasks:

In your diet or exercise plan, identify a task you don't feel like doing, and then do it anyway!

Notice how it feels to accomplish a goal by taking a "no matter what" approach to it.

In your notebook, make a list of actions you plan to stick with today, regardless of how you feel at the moment.

Jenn J Replied:

Day 3: Do it anyway
In your diet or exercise plan, identify a task you don't feel like doing, and then do it anyway!
I don't feel like doing 15 minutes of exercise.

I will take time out of my lunch to walk for 15 minutes.

Notice how it feels to accomplish a goal by taking a "no matter what" approach to it.
I feel positive about accomplishing a goal.

In your notebook, make a list of actions you plan to stick with today, regardless of how you feel at the moment.
No drinking soda/pop.
No eating candy or cookies.
Monitor my sugar and carb intake.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Jenn J Replied:

Lyn, do you feel you have any areas you can give advice on? Any suggestions for keeping the commitment to this program?

Rjaatt Replied:

First! We all love and Appreciate Lyn for all she does for everyone on this site Including; Jeanne- CE!
Sue Ellen, flower, Celie they have been our biggest supporters through all of this and most of them have helped me on and off for 15 months so thank you so much....

1. Stick with it until something better comes along. Life or Death is Death Something Better to me it was, I wanted to die I was eating at the end to Die I thought if I had a Heart attack that I would be out of my daughters and Sons, Son in laws and even yes Grandchild's life because I didn't feel loved, I placed their value on me and since it was lower then my own value I realized that Someone has to love me more then they love me! Who could that be, I know God loves me he crated me but was I willing to "LOVE MYSELF" the answer was a tough one and I fight every day with it. If I don't start to love myself then None is ever going to fall in love with me. Maybe not even God will fall in love with me.. Maybe this is why my family doesn't love me because I would rather be dead then alive.

2. Take action only if they "feel like" doing it (They is the KEY) The Mind is 1 and the body is 2, the Emotions is 3, the feelings is 4 and the actions is 5. Which one of these are going to run my life today. When I Realized that they are not all friends and some are sneaky and deceiving me that is when I came to believe "THEY" were not looking out for the best of my interest... Seo How did I Teach them to all Agree? I told them "NO", "STOP" "QUIT" and "LEAVE ME NOW". after several months, I started to relize that I woke up made my bed, I jumped right into my Exercise, then meditated then I checked my weight, I made my breakfast, then I sat down to check the computer to see if anyone wrote, or I went on Pof, or on This site. After a while I got into a routine. and that is when I changed my life. I found a common ground to everyday life.

3. Need to see results in order to stay motivated. When your 327lbs your going to see Results, day after month I saw nothing. But I noticed things, First my breast were getting smaller, then my butt, then my thighs, then my face and neck then I noticed my arms had batwings. Little by little my clothing became lose on me, I started to realize the scale was dropping and the more i fasted the better the out come was, the more I ate Cabbage soup the better I felt, the more I ate the Bible Foods the more energy I got and the happiness started to flow into my Mind. I was becoming happy not sad and depressed and suicidal any more.

4. Blame people or circumstances for their struggles: I do blame, I am a good blamer, I am trying to take responsibility at 56yrs old and even though I still think my family is sabotaging me and their is proof, I also have the responsibility to NOT ALLOW IT TOO DESTROY ME.

5. Easily give up when they face challenges: I can't give up, Why! I don't want to Die.. I want to live, I have never lived a happy life and what was a life? I don't have a the faintest Idea. Is it just sitting in a house doing nothing, well YES! is it having your family disagree with you? YES! is it all the memories from the past that haunt you? YES! is it all the Dreams you have for your Life that you want and can't seem to accomplish or make come true? YES. These are my Challenges.

People who are committed to losing weight

1. Stick with their plans no matter what. .. This is true, I have not stopped thinking about achieving my goal even when I started this site last year and then made a fool of myself and then punished myself but in the end, I returned because this was the only place I knew that had the most Wonderful Woman IN the World who are Supportive and Really Care about Others. So I wanted to show myself that I can be like them they are my HERO's in life when I never had any friends.

2. Take action whether they feel like doing it or not. I have to Be My own Hero and I have to take that action if I am going to prove to myself that I have worth, Even when every Man says I am a "SheDevil" and "I am a Divorced woman" and I am a "hated mother and grandmother". I can not hate myself so the actions I take are to show myself "I HAVE WORTH".

3. Assume that if they stay motivated, results will follow. Motivated? or Conscious? of my Actions and Behavior, How Do I become Motivated well, I am the only one that is going to take control of my life and if I don't do it no one is going to do it for me. Some have husbands and there husbands will get them a drink, or cook dinner, or take them places, or spoil them in a good way, while some have Wives and the wife's do everything for them out of love and kindness. But when your alone you have none at all and so it is up to you to just Wake up and know today you are alive. Death is not a option if I ever want to get married and have the life I want then I must stay alive and work towards this regardless of the outcome... it is worth Dreaming and Achieving it.

4. Take responsibility for their own actions (My Greatest Strength that I have learned through this program, with all these Motivations, jump-starts, community, charts&Graphs, track your diet and Diet planing. All of this helped me to stay focused every day, stay on track and show up, tell my story so others can also tell their story's and together we can be responsible together!

5. Keep going in spite of challenges and setbacks. Yes! I have had setbacks, but then I anilized what I did wrong, why did I do this its because I got angry, I felt betrayed, I felt devalued, the list is long. HURT, I live in HURT. So I allowed all of these Hurts to DESTROY ME and I Justified for them. I wanted to hurt myself because others had hurt me at such a young age. Then why did I keep going! Because This place showed me that I am a good person, this place had confidence in me which gave me the ability to have confidence in myself. I learned with Ea - Emotions Anon that I am "SOMETHING" and I can be something if I just allow myself to keep going forward. ..
"ONE DAY AT A TIME". Sorry it was so long I apologize... and Appreciate all of you

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I have been through the 100 days a few times now, and this one has always resonated with me.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I need to work on my "do it anyway" for sure. At times I've got it with no problem but at times it escapes me.

Phyllis Replied:

I have been thru the 100 Days and found it most helpful
Currently I've begun thee 100 More Days book and find it is just as helpful.

flower Replied:

This resonated with me today because I ran errands all day so far and I can justify not doing my exercise routine ? Not after reading this ...I WILL EXERCISE

Rjaatt Replied:

Flower:

I will exercise with you also. even though I have already done it, Hay! I will do it again just to Support A StartYourDiet Friend. What would you like to do, its your Choice, If I can't do it then I will do something close too it... OK

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.