JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Encourage yourself - meausre

Peggy 🎈

I try to measure the 1st and 15th. So today was the day. Despite the fact I'm really struggling with my eating, I showed 1 inch total down. Now that is encouraging, but what really was encouraging is that since 5/1/16, the last time I updated measurements, I have lost 21.8 pounds and 47 inches. And my core is where I really see the difference. 9.5 off my waist and I record my gut as "other", the area at my belly button, and that is down 6.75. It is encouraging to me as I really don't "see" how I have changed. I'm still a fat women in my brain.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I also measure on the 1st and 15th (thanks to Peggy!) and it has been a real eye opener for me. Even more than weighing. Of course, it was a lot more fun when I was on my big loosing streak... But it really does help me see the changes, I am amazed when I hold the measuring tape out to my original waist size, it gives a great visual of how far I have come.

Lyn💛 Replied:

And well done Peggy!

flower Replied:

Wow ! What a fantastic accomplishment and the fact that you are documenting these stats and can refer to them preventing discouragement is brilliant

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Wow, Peggy, with all you've been through!

linda Replied:

You have done really well. It seems the days when I am in a lot of pain or very tired that I eat toooo much and evenings are difficult also.

linda Replied:

You have done really well. It seems the days when I am in a lot of pain or very tired that I eat toooo much and evenings are difficult also.

linda Replied:

linda Replied:

Gwen Replied:

A timely reminder, I must get into the habit of measuring myself. It is such a good idea!

Sharron (Slimrider) Replied:

That is a great achievement and good reminder. I try and measure roughly every 6-7 weeks but I do forget sometimes.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.