JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Need Info from anyone

Sue Ellen

My husband found out he is a Type 2 Diabetic just under the 7.0AIC number. My question here is the following: Is there anyone that has info on what the gram counts should be for the sugar, carbs, etc. for him to use a guide line on reading the labels of food. Our Doctor did not give us a thing and when I went on line to find any info I came up empty handed. So thanks to anyone who will help us.

Gwen Replied:

Is there not a diabetic clinic or nurse who can advise you in your area? Praying for you both.

flower Replied:

I am an RN whose office was beside the Diabetic education department of our hospital , the department was dissolved because of reimbursement issues ,so long story short your best advice will come from the American Diabetes Association . Best Wishes to you both ~`

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Sue Ellen, what I lack in diabetic knowledge and resources, I will make up for in prayers and positive vibes sent your way!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Thinking of you both!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Thanks SYD buddies for the prayers and to the RN for her advice. We realize it is going to be a change for us. One day at a time......

Peggy 🎈 Replied:

So sorry, Jeanne. If your doc does not have an eating plan, you need to be finding a doc who does. I have diabetic friends who have all been given eating plans to reduce or eliminate taking drugs. It requires eating on a schedule, and paying attention to what is being eaten.

Cindy H. Replied:

I would really recommend reading Dr. William Davis, Wheat Belly book. Many people on the FB page I belong to (wheatbelly.com or FB page) have been able to reverse their Type 2 by following his suggestions.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Thanks for the suggestions.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.