JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. Let's have some conversations:)

Thulz💕

1. What is the ONE habit that if you stopped or started, you would get the outcome that you want?
2. If you don't mind, could you also share what your desired outcome is?

Based on the revelations that we don't get our goals and dreams, we get our habits I would start a series of questions designed to help us be self-introspective and perhaps these will help those of us who may be feeling stuck to start thinking about things differently

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

1. I am a recovering perfectionist, and would like to naturally and organically enjoy what IS, and all of the good in the present moment, instead of always reaching into the future to the things that are not as I think they should be.

2. I want to have wellness for life, which for me is a rotation of all things wellness, along with the peace that comes with the understanding that every good thing does not fit into every day. It's all about Light and Love!

Thulz💕 Replied:

Ooooh I love these Jeanne!! ❤️
Meaning your Best today does not have to be the same the same 10 things that normally define a "perfect" day. Today depending on what is, your best could be doing 2 things out of those 10 and for Today that is a complete success. Love it!

Gwen Replied:

I gave up eating in the evenings, a life time habit that was not easy to break. The outcome is I do not eat at least three hours before bedtime and I think that is good for my digestive system. Was it worth it? Undoubtedly. I'll put some more thought into this thread, hugs to all!

Lyn💛 Replied:

I think my worst habit is negative self talk. Once I change this it will change everything for me.

Thulz💕 Replied:

That is great Gwen! I love that yours is already done and you are reaping the benefits!

Thulz💕 Replied:

Yes so true Lyn negative self talk is tricky in that it keeps us so trapped in manifesting the very things we are negative about!

Thulz💕 Replied:

1. Keeping and following through with the promises I make to myself and being self-integral.

2. Current desired outcome is the FREEDOM that comes with losing a 100 lbs as well as the confidence that comes with having my own back. The great news is that the latter does not have to wait until I actually lose a 100lbs - I can feel the confidence each and every single time I choose to keep my promises

Gwen Replied:

Yes Thulz, my evening eating is sorted but there are other things that I am looking for an outcome on.
Negative self talk, I recognise and unfortunately indulge in all too often, even this morning. My desired outcome is to NOT automatically speak and think negatively about myself.

Thulz💕 Replied:

WHAT ELSE IS TRUE?

Most of the time we take our thoughts and especially negative self-talk at face value. We take the thoughts that pop up automatically because we have thought them so many times.
So this is a tool to practice "complete thoughts" and forcing the brain to bring those unconscious thoughts into the light.

For example here's one of mine that has done the rounds a few times:
"Ugh I am so exhausted from work I don't even care anymore I'm just going to get KFC, Whole Nut and Magnum ice cream and go to bed" and then I do just that.

What else is true?
What else is true is that I DO care. A lot! What else is true is that this amount of sugar at bedtime gets my heart beating so fast and I also suffer from night-sweats, which means I don't get the rest I need. I wake up tired which then cranks up the cravings and I end up just perpetuating the cycle.
What I need for exhaustion is to go to bed and rest.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

My biggest problem is I start on here and I do well for 1, 2 or 3 weeks and then something happens in life and I skip a few workouts or I eat something I shouldn't eat and I get all negative and self-pitty. Then I start sabotaging everything I worked for and end up gaining more weight than I already did before. It's such self destruction.

I would like to moving forward go on planning my days and making good choices. If I mess up I want to learn that it's ok and tomorrow I will do better without beating myself down. My desire is to be at my ideal weight of 130 to 140 and healthy. I have about 70 lbs to lose to accomplish this. I'm watching too many people around me lately getting life threatening illness' because they are over weight. I don't want to end up like that in 10 to 15 years because of my choices today. This is my motivation this time. The time is now, one day at a time I am going to accomplish this.

Gwen Replied:

Thulz, how are you doing? xx

Alleycattus Replied:

If I can stop getting sidetracked when bored or in pain, I can do this...
I need to lose just 10 kilos to get to goal weingt- just had a radicalk mastectomy, so feeling les than my best... will get there tho

Lyn💛 Replied:

You can do this Alleycattus! Just take it one day at a time. You are going through a lot so take it easy on yourself.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Hi, My desire outcome first is to be healthy at this age in my Golden Years. (71 presently)
To get there however I know there are choices I must make that I do not choose to do. I am an emotional eater and eat ice cream a lot during those times as well as turning to Cheetos the crunchy kind. At bed time I also have a snack which I have told myself to eliminate but find but 9PM I get weak. So for the days ahead, (now hubby is on vacation with 37 days off includes the week end days.) I hope to give a better chance with maybe a fasting day here and there.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I can't have trigger foods in the house, I find it is easy for me to pass them up when in the grocery store but almost impossible if I bring them into the house so I don't buy them. It is a lot easier now that it is just my husband and I here because I don't like the things he snacks on. lol

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Baby steps always help me get going, vs. trying to be perfect, i.e. eliminating one trigger food, or doing some research to find healthy substitutes for those comfort sensations like creamy or crunchy.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.