JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Celery Juice

Sue Ellen

Ok, has anyone else read about Celery Juice helping you to lose 10 pounds in 7 days?
I read you juice enough celery to make 16oz liquid and drink on an empty stomach daily. You can also add some lemon or lime juice if difficult to drink.
I did only 1 stalk as I am very careful on trying new things at my age.
I juiced it and it wasn't too bad. Just getting pass the smell of celery which I do not like anyway unless cooked in Chinese food I did.
I am in a bad way so thought I would try along with hubby. Any comments let me know?

Lyn💛 Replied:

Not sure about losing 10 pounds in 7 days but I have seen some science based evidence that juicing celery does have health benefits. I don't mind drinking it, it isn't the best thing in the world but it is easy enough to chug a glass of it down.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Again Lyn, thanks for your replies to both of my messages. I have started to drink it and it isn't too bad if you don't smell it as you drink it. lol Plan to do more on our vacation days coming up with hubby. Take care and thanks for your replies.

Phyllis Replied:

I have heard of health benefits, not so much for weight loss though. I do hope it helps you & your hubby.
My hubby and I juiced it once but got out of the habit. Do you add the pulp to drink or just the juice.?

Gwen Replied:

I haven't tried celery juice myself but know that whole celery is really good for you. Do they suggest only celery juice all day? I could imagine losing weight if you consumed nothing else. I hope you and your husband do well with it!

Sue Ellen Replied:

The small article said 16oz (working up to that) of celery juice on an empty stomach. Did not say how many times a day. I believe it was in Woman's World Magazine. Hope to begin again Monday since hubby will be on vacation and will be more available to do. No rushing to get to work. By the way Phyllis I do not use the pulp as I really do not like celery to eat. In fact when I drink it I hold my breath so I do not smell it. Thanks for all the replies.

Gwen Replied:

See what it can do for you Sue Ellen! Go for it!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.