JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

confused????

Anne

where are all the posts from everyone? I was gone for a very long time but now I'm back and I always enjoyed the message boards....but it looks like Jeanne is the only one that posts??? Am I wrong or missing something from my view???

Thulz💕 Replied:

Welcome back Anne. Some of us are consistently posting on our blogs and only post on here if there's a common topic.
I think it's just a preference thing

deb Replied:

Yes, things have changed over the past couple of years here. But a lot of us are here....no necessarily posting as much.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

You're right, Anne! I'd love if more people initiated posting!

Lyn💛 Replied:

I miss all the posting on the message boards too! Glad you're back Anne!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

That's one of the reasons I don't come on here as much. I feel like there's not enough on here to keep me motivated, so I have to go else where to find it.

Due to my lifestyle I can't commit to coming here everyday, so I don't want to let anyone down by starting things that I might not finish.

I would love to see more engagement and I do miss it as well.

Thulz💕 Replied:

I have to keep reminding myself that posting blogs is primarily for me and a way to document and track my journey and unwind some of my thoughts even though I do that on a physical journal as well.
I know that one day when I do finally lose that 100lbs, I will want a reference point to help me with the next big goal.
I guess it's like before pictures - I know a lot of people have lost all their weight and now wish they had taken more before pics

I have to remind myself that even if not a single person reads it, that does not take away from my purpose for doing it.
Otherwise, I think I would also be demotivated by the general lack of activity.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

@Thulz: I totally get you on this one, especially your last two sentences.

It's motivating for me to have a presence in keeping my wellness a lifestyle and not just a "start your diet" or "lose weight and leave" mindset; though I do truly understand and support that we all have unique needs and our reasons to stay, leave, or come and go. Just as with special situations all through life, sometimes those situations visit us for a reason, some for a season, and some for life. My wellness struggles have been huge and lifelong, but landing here gave me the space and the grace to get all the way to goal weight (for the umpteenth time), and to maintain a healthy goal weight range, which I had never been able to do for 35 struggling years.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Very well put Thulz & Jeanne!

I try to come on here more to log my food. Sometimes that's all I do to keep myself accountable. I just don't always have the time to Blog or post, however I do see where it's important for me to make the time. For my own loving reasons, because I'm worth it!

Sharon VA Replied:

I have just come back too. I will probably share too much on the message board.

Diane Replied:

Sharon, I welcome the posts.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Sharon, no such thing as too much to me! I love the positive energy of active communication!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Welcome Sharon, post, post, post!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Never too much, I'm happy to see you back!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.