JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

TGIF!

Sharon VA

Happy Friday!
I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Have a great, healthy weekend! I am looking forward to my Misfits box coming in tomorrow. If you haven't heard of them, look them up. It is a company that has organized to sell organic "misfit" fruits and vegetables. I get a small box each Saturday for $25 and I know I am getting at least $35-$40 dollars of produce. You get a variety of what was available, and you can check on your preferred options before they ship. Sometimes there are a couple of odd pieces that wouldn't fit in a crate, or they have a funny bump or a bit of discoloration that would make them less attractive at the market, but they are just fine for the kitchen. Since trying the service Ben and I have started eating a wider variety of fruits and vegetables. I never knew there was such a thing as white sweet potatoes, or golden beets! Ben has decided he does NOT like jicama, but I have discovered that I do. Who knew?

Lyn💛 Replied:

Golden beets are my favorite! There are also ghost beets, which are obviously white. Taste the same with none of the mess. LOL I love that they doo the misfit boxes, we waste so much good food, why does it need to look perfect right before we cut it up to cook it?

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.