JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Thursday Thoughts

Sharon VA

I quit drinking altogether on January 9th. I have had health issues in the past and alcohol isn't helpful in that area. I had also started to drink more often, and more at one sitting. I just decided to quit. It was actually easy for me to do physically and mentally, but socially it was a bit awkward for a while. Quarantine actually made that part easier. So why is it harder to simply quit consuming unhealthy types and amounts of food? I have reasoned with myself that both are bad for my health and wellness, both waste money, and both take away my peace of mind.
It is interesting how one addiction can be harder to quit than another.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Such a great point!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Good job Sharon!

My father is an Alcholic and so are some of his siblings. I've never wanted to be like them,(they were terrible always causing problems), so I have never been a drinker. I would get pressured into it, especially socially because people just can't understand when you say no thank you. People need to respect one's choices and get over it. It doesn't matter why you do it, that's your choice. Good job and stick to it. I've noticed my skin is so much healthier and younger looking than those of ladies my age, and I think because I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs. Lots of water to flush out all those toxics that your body makes. Your immune system will also be stronger.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.