JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

New Year New YOU !

Sue Ellen

Happy New Year to all SYD Buddies!
Are there any of you who would like to share your plans for Weight Loss for the New Year? NOT a New Year resolution but a plan that will help you in 2021.
I'm NOT giving up and have a plan I pray will finally work for me.
Mine will be not to bring snacks in bedroom while TV watching, no bringing in ice cream in house to eat, no buying Cheetos or Pretzels and the 8 hours block (IF) for eating. Must turn it around this year.
So how about YOU?

Lyn💛 Replied:

Sounds like a solid plan, Sue Ellen!
My plan is to get back to what I know works for me, eating WFPB (whole food plant based) that is mostly SOS (sugar oil salt) free. I plan to be more consistent with my yoga and meditation and I also plan to be kinder with myself in my mental chatter. It is going to be a great year!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Great responses! No resolutions here, just doing what works for me as a life plan: clean eating focus (Tosca Reno), more time outdoors, more of what makes my heart sing in a healthy way, enough rest/down time, less negative screen time. All the best to all the best (that's you!)

Melinda Replied:

Great goals for the New Year! I am really committed to seeing progress this year and am envisioning how good it will feel in a years time when I have been successful. What works for me is the plan that I stick to! Generally whole food, lower carb and higher protein. I started tracking little habits too by day. This week's was morning green smoothie (veggies and fruits), mini morning workouts, meditation, walks, and logging food. Progress not perfection!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Thanks for sharing. I just now posted my weight with a 2.6 gain for the year of 2020. With all the holidays, birthdays, family gatherings, then the virus etc. I ate and yet feel this gain was not too bad. Today I begin my plan and my mental state so far today is pretty good, ready to go. In fact I cleaned out my Goal Projections to zero and began totally new, which with 1/2 pound loss each week will meet my goal on Dec. 31, 2021. NOW, I am 72, soon to be 73 I pray, and handicap and slow on losing so feel this is realistic for me. If I do more, yippee! So onward I go this year with a better attitude and can only pray I am not too late with this.....(Blood work Jan. 9th need healthy)

Phyllis Replied:

My Plan is stick to my calorie range, higher protein and less carbs.
For January I plan to eliminate snacking all together and start a daily journal.

Jenn J Replied:

My plan is 15 or more minutes of exercise a day, reduced carb/sugar eating. Not easy when I eat snacks as if it's air. I've self-medicated by depression and ADD with candy, sugary drinks and junk foods. I don't want to deny myself from all of them, but I do want to greatly reduce how much and how often.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.