JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Wellness check: spiritual, emotional, mental, physical

Jeanne- CE!

How are you really doing, Precious Ones?

I am hanging in pretty well, but isolation is tough for the chatty Cathy extroverts like me.

Spiritual is good: it has been easy to keep up with my reading, praying and deep ponderings. My church streams online and I have been able to contribute musically in that way.

Emotional comes and goes. I am blessed with a peaceful and happy household, and I am enjoying the outlets of furfam, practicing music, and cooking. Still, as fortunate as I am, I have been tempted to comfort myself unhealthily, but refuse to, knowing how bad it feels after emotional eating, and knowing that it will weaken my body to do so. Trying to separate fact from fiction from hype to political motivations is very confusing for us rule followers, and I try to disconnect from the negativity.

Mentally my head is pretty well into it and my head is on straight about the reality of all of this and what I can and can't do.

Physically I am doing well and have upped my workouts. Mine is a neighborhood of walkers, and we wave and chat briefly from a distance. Because my legs are still healing the rest of the way, the increased exercise has caused some inflamation which bumps my weight up.

Now that I wrote all of this, it is more of a blog, but oh well! Who knows, maybe it will help us all to express our thoughts and have more interaction here as we continue to navigate this reality. Light and Love!

Lyn💛 Replied:

The isolation aspect of this is not hard for me, I do well on my own and I have all my peeps on here that I chat with and my husband and son are around, plus I talk with my other two kids a lot. So that part I am good with.

My troubles come in with the stress of what this is doing to our business. It's bad and I'm not really sure what is going to happen with it all. And for me, stress leads to weight gain. Which gives me more stress. It is a vicious cycle.

Diane Replied:

I have had good and bad days. The weather is clear and warm the past few days and that really does help. Hearing the birds chirping and seeing the warm sunshine is nice. I think we have to rethink what we do and be creative with new things. We packed a picnic and went to the lake and just sat in the car enjoying our picnic safe from those launching boats etc. We also camped in the camper in the driveway and just tried to enjoy some fun times while yet being safe.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Those are both great ideas Diane!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

The best of times and the worst of times! I try to stay positive, but I am also very aware of the enormity and uncertainty in this global devastation. I personally know two people who have lost dear friends (middle aged not elderly) to this hideous pandemic. I cannot imagine how Anne Frank or biblical Job saw and wrote of such Light and Love, and beauty and blessings amidst such tragedy. Can I find that space for my head, heart, and soul?

Gwen Replied:

How are we really doing? You ask some good questions Jeanne.

Spiritually I am praying for the entire world and know God is in charge, loves us and desires the very best for us. I do not know one person who deserves this level of upset in their life. We are all in the same boat and in the last few days of lock down I have more time to pray, read and trust in the midst of too many unknowns.

Emotionally, I work hard at not letting my emotions lead me into unhealthy or destructive behaviour. Right now we are surrounded by a lot of negative people and situations. When upset or happy I revert to eating too much of the wrong types of food.

Mentally I am more careful than ever who I listen to as I believe it is important to take care of me, not something I have been too good at in the past. In fact, I shall go further and say I used to be like a sponge and let all sorts of negative things soak into me. I do love lots of people and care very deeply for them, especially now, but I can't do well or be well if my sponge is soaked with negativity.

Physically I am allowed one walk a day but also have my mini bouncer and gardening, all good activities.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I've had a lot of ups and downs. I'm scared that my business won't be good and I will have to lay people off that rely on me. I'm scared that my husband and I will get sick and we will be one of those young statistics of a younger person dying and my boys won't have one or two parents. We are redoing our will just in case, because I would never want them to have family fighting for them. We know who they would rather go to in order. I'm scared of the what if's?
I try to not listen to too much news so I'm not just listening to negativity, however still getting the facts. As I watch the numbers growing by the minute it confirms how real and scary this is. I'm scared that my mom who is 78 and lives in Europe will die and I will never see or touch again, because I put off going there because I was selfish and "had to work instead". I haven't seen her since 2013.
More than ever I want to be healthy and get to a good weight and have no underlining issues.
I just want to wake up from this nightmare we are all in.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

It is so hard not to be fearful, even with a firm faith foundation. I keep hoping and praying that I am doing enough to be a part of the solution and not the problem. There is such a need for emotional and spiritual healing right now, and not everyone has the peaceful home life and loving connections and chosen family that I have, and I genuinely ache for those who are lost, alone, and isolated beyond the physical. Through most of the storms in my life, I have had the gift of sleep for rest and renewal, and then wake up peacefully, but even with that, reality sets in quickly and tries to rob me of my joy, peace, and hope, if I allow it. So in those times I just do what I do, breathe in breathe out, left foot right foot, knowing that like the weather, this situation will change; and knowing that there are some laughs, genuine beauty, Light, and Love within tragedy, and the good guys will win in the end.

Diane Replied:

Praying about the guys I ran off from our boat dock today. I wrote about it in my blog. It was creepy and they told me they should be allowed to stay and I had to threaten them with calling the police. It is uncertain times with many laid off of work and crime is increasing a lot. Stay aware my friends.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Be careful Diane that they won't come back.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.