JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Encouragement...

Peggy 🎈

In reading blogs I am sensing each of us has our own breaking point. The point where everything about about us seems black. This came to me from a friend and helped me remember who is in my corner - always. If you need to copy it to send to a friend, please do so! As I said, I copied it from a friend too when I needed it most.

Me: Okay, God, here's the thing. I'm scared. I'm trying not to be, but I am.

God: I know. Want to talk about it?

Me: Do we need to? I mean, you already know.

God: Let's talk about it anyway... We've done this before.

Me: I know, I just feel like I should be bigger or stronger or something by now.

God: waiting patiently, unhurried, undistracted, never annoyed.

Me: Okay. So, I'm afraid I'll do everything I can to protect my family and it won't be enough. I'm afraid of someone I love, dying. I'm afraid the world won't go back to what it was before. I'm afraid my life is always going to feel a little bit unsettled.

God: Anything else?

Me: EVERYTHING ELSE.

God: Remember how Justin woke up the other night and came running down the hall to your bedroom?

Me: Yes.

God: You were still awake, so when you heard him/her running, you started calling out to him before he even got to you... remember? Do you remember what you called out to him?

Me: I said, "You're okay! You're okay! You're okay!"

God: Why did you call to him? Why didn't you just wait for him to get to your room?

Me: Because I wanted him to know that I was awake, and I heard him, and they didn't have to be afraid all the way to the end, of the dark hallway.

God: Exactly. I hear you, daughter. I hear your thoughts racing like feet down the dark hallway. There's an other side to all of this. I'm there already. I've seen the end of it. And I want you to know right here as you walk through it all, you're okay. I haven't gone to sleep, and I won't.

Me: crying. Can we sit together awhile? Can we just sit here a minute before I go back to facing it all?

God: There's nothing I'd love more.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Copied from a precious friend ❤️

Lyn💛 Replied:

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Thank you for this.

deb Replied:

Oh my Peggy! I needed to hear this this evening! Thank you for sharing!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Love it!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.