JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

8 Hours Plan

Sue Ellen

Hi SYD buddies, I have read an article in the Woman's World Magazine with Dr. Oz. where a lady lost 149 pounds using this 8 Hours Plan. So, my husband and I plan to try. She used the space of 10AM to 6PM for her eating time and then stopped. You still watch what you choose to eat and still exercise if you can. So far I am doing ok. No great losses or gains but not unhappy. I did get rid of my ice cream, Cheetos, and M&M Peanuts today. I also am journaling the time and what I eat and doing at least 15 minutes on our bike. I am determine NOT to let this glutton keep gaining to where I become more disabled. Now, how about you? Anyone else getting on board to try?

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

My body actually responds very well to this, and I used the exact same time frame. I'm not doing it right now simply because with working on the new house my schedule is wonky. Sounds like you are off to a great start!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Though I have not been perfect, since I began on Tuesday April 28th I have lost 1.6 pounds and for me this is a start as I lose so slowly at my age of 72 and with a handicap. I just did a 15 minute stat. bike peddling. If I can I try every day otherwise alternate ones. This week may be rough as my husband is off from work an executive order off week. My routine may not be as organized. But will be trying to keep it going knowing it is working for me.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

That sounds great, Sue Ellen!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

That is great, Sue Ellen! Woo hoo!

Clancy Replied:

Congrats! I was looking for someone to whom I can walk this same path! So glad I found you😁 My eating plan is similar. I just add a protein shake in the morning (blood sugar reasons) then have lunch, and try to stop eating after dinner. I can certainly use the support, though.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Hi Clancy! All the best to you. The support really helps!

Ladybug Replied:

I do something similar to this and I'm shocked how well it has been going. My time period is about 8am to 6pm. For 6 days, I eat 3 meals a day totaling about 1250 to 1350 calories....no snacks. Then on Saturday or Sunday, I can have the food I've been craving all week such as donuts, fries, etc. which brings my calorie total to about 2000 on what I call my cheat day. I've found that I've been able to drop about a pound a week on my system....and I don't feel deprived!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Well, of course today I used as an excuse to cheat. So tomorrow will pay the fiddler so to speak with my stupid mistakes. However, my plan has worked just have to get back on and re-focus.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Jump right back on the wagon Sue Ellen! You've got this.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

"just have to get back on and re-focus." That's it, Sue Ellen!

Diane Replied:

I decided not to eat breakfast today to shorten my window of eating and the scales dropped for the first time in a long time.

Sandy Replied:

This has worked for me too Sue Ellen. Thanks for reminding me of it. I may try it at some point again. Good for you that you found something that works... and are willing to admit you cheated.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.