JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Memories

deb

Sandy had post this week about hanging her sheets outside to dry. It immediately made me think of my mother and I could still smell that fresh scent of line dried clothes & sheets and how they felt. I posted this pic of my mother (probably from 50+ years ago) on my blog, but I wanted to post it here as well. What are some of your best memories?

User Photo

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Carefree, simple, and silly times with childhood friends, whom I now classify as soul friends and chosen family. We are still in touch, and still can vividly remember every detail of some of our adventures, and how hard we laughed, then and now. My friend Jayne and I used to hold hands walking home from elementary school, watched Dark Shadows and Bozo when we got to my house, and still remember each other's childhood phone numbers.

Thanks for the shift in thought, Deb!

deb Replied:

Those are good memories Jeanne! I remember Dark Shadows as well! Barnabus Collins!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

My mom used to do the same thing! Different times, great times. Simple, fun and entertaining. I actually remember the milk man in MA bringing the glass milk jars. Couldn't wait for him to show up.

Great picture!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

...and a part B of my Jayne fun is that when the Dark Shadows movie with Johnny Depp came out a few years ago, Jayne came to Dallas and we saw the movie together on opening day. We grew up in Tiffin, OH, and now she lives in Springfield MO and I'm in Dallas, but we still get together.

deb Replied:

@Alex ~ the milkman used to come to our house as well. And also the "bread man" ~ he would also have sweet rolls, etc.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.