JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Stay at home orders

Peggy 🎈

In this time of Stay at Home Orders and social distancing, many of us are feeling anxious. I suggest this is a great and supportive place to "meet" and share what is happening around us. Consider taking some time to blog and to read other's blogs. I believe it will help all of us. My 39 year old son said he feels like when he was back as freshman in college and put on the Freshman 15. Take care of you and yours.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Even as an extrovert with many meaningful connections while sheltering at home, I really value our little family here on this site. I have only met Lyn, Peggy, and Donna (the truck driver from way back) in person, and when we met, it was like seeing lifelong friends. The connections here are deep, and I hope new people will jump in. This SYD family can never be too big! As Sandy said, we're doing the best we can. I am still on FB, but mostly just to post or to specifically check in on someone. I run screaming from political posts, mean spirited pandemic memes and parodies, and bored boomers. We all need a little mindless lighthearted downtime, but that's not it for me.

I will remain faith based and not fear based, and do what I can to live well and BE well. Even with dedicated effort, my weight pops up and down as a response to all of this craziness. I reached a breaking point yesterday over something that was justifiably irritating but small in the grand scheme; but it happened to be the straw that broke the camel's back. No need to rehash; we all have our own exasperating examples of how these times can bring out the worst in people. It is much harder that everyone is deeply suffering in some form or fashion. Still, I see a lot of the best in people as well, and today is better so far. Light and Love

Diane Replied:

We went in shelter in place at 6 p.m. last night. I did go with my mom to the store to help her get some things she needed. We had masks, gloves and we wiped our stuff down when we got home. I was happy to see so many with gloves and masks on and the roads were empty. They said last night Atlanta might be the next hot spot and I pray that isn't going to happen. It is difficult being stuck at home and hearing the news but I am focusing on projects.

Lyn💛 Replied:

It is a crazy situation, for sure, but it is happening so all I can do is make the best of it. My youngest is not doing very well with it, he needs more social interaction and he is missing out on some pretty big opportunities, some that will likely never happen now. And I know this is not unique to us, so many are missing out on so many lifetime milestones. I don't do facebook, and this is a perfect example of why. LOL But I am grateful for the connections I have made here, you all help me so much in so many ways, you will never know how meaningful you are in my life. So thank you to my wonderful SYD family!

deb Replied:

I sure appreciate our "family" here at SYD. I know some of you have been fortunate enough to have met in person, something I have not had the opportunity to do. But, I feel very close to many of you. I agree that this is a wonderful place to come & connect. I enjoy reading your blogs and feel connected, especially during this rough time in all of our lives.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Sad to say my niece a nurse here in the state of NY, has gotten the virus and pneumonia. she is on a ventilator and was put in an induced coma, laying on her stomach with her head tilted downward to help with her lungs. Prayer would be appreciated- Heather.
Otherwise so far so good, This week hubby is off from his job-pray for us too.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am so sorry to hear this Sue Ellen, she will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I will pray for you and your family, Sue Ellen. I am sorry to hear this news.

deb Replied:

Oh my gosh Sue Ellen! I am so sorry to hear this news. Saying a prayer for your niece and all of you.

Diane Replied:

Sue Ellen, your niece is in my prayers

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

So sorry to hear Sue Ellen. Do you mind me asking how old she is?

My s.i.l is a emergency room nurse at a Hospital and I'm so afraid she is going to get sick too. She's 49 and I know this virus has no problem taking anyone.

God bless everyone!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.